noun arousal to violent emotion
verb cause inflammation in
- The repetitive motion inflamed her joint
verb catch fire
- The dried grass of the prairie kindled, spreading the flames for miles
verb cause to start burning
inflame; kindle; enkindle; conflagrate.
- The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds
verb arouse or excite feelings and passions
ignite; stir up; inflame; heat; wake; fire up.
- The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor
- The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world
- Wake old feelings of hatred
verb become inflamed; get sore
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!