verb cause inflammation in
- The repetitive motion inflamed her joint
verb catch fire
- The dried grass of the prairie kindled, spreading the flames for miles
verb cause to start burning
inflame; kindle; enkindle; conflagrate.
- The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds
verb arouse or excite feelings and passions
ignite; stir up; inflame; heat; wake; fire up.
- The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor
- The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world
- Wake old feelings of hatred
verb become inflamed; get sore
adjective satellite resulting from inflammation; hot and swollen and reddened
- eyes inflamed with crying
adjective satellite lighted with red light as if with flames
- streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees
- the inflamed clouds at sunset
- reddened faces around the campfire
adjective satellite adorned with tongues of flame
In*flamed" participial adjective
- Set on fire; enkindled; heated; congested; provoked; exasperated.
- (Her.) Represented as burning, or as adorned with tongues of flame.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!