Fashion That Rocked This Christmas
smothery : Related Words Words similar in meaning to smothery
- noun forceful prevention; putting down by power or authority
quelling; crushing; suppression.
- the suppression of heresy
- the quelling of the rebellion
- the stifling of all dissent
- verb conceal or hide
muffle; strangle; stifle; smother; repress.
- smother a yawn
- muffle one's anger
- strangle a yawn
- noun a confused multitude of things
welter; muddle; clutter; mare's nest; fuddle; jumble.
- noun a stifling cloud of smoke
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!