her : Related Words Words similar in meaning to her
- her ”
- station code her
- iata code her
- album omniscience
- northern modern armenia
- imagist poet h . d .
- album soulstar
- èrs people
- herero language
- album goblin
- album focus
- historic environment record
- objective form
- richard buckner
- harvard educational review
- heraklion international airport
- economic recovery act
- aaron tippin
- finnish band
- american science fiction film
- fictional superhero
- stan getz
- amtrak station
- modern english
- marvel comic
- debut album
- united state
- noun a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- noun a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
soulchildSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the concentration of attention or energy on something
direction; centering; focussing; focal point; focusing.
- the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology
- he had no direction in his life
- noun maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
- in focus
- out of focus
- noun English since about 1450
- adjective in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line
- Northern liberals
- northern industry
- northern cities
- noun a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans
- noun stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult
- verb to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
avow; affirm; verify; assert; swear; aver.
- Before God I swear I am innocent
tippinSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the totality of surrounding conditions
- he longed for the comfortable environment of his living room
- noun the area in which something exists or lives
surroundings; environs; surround.
- the country--the flat agricultural surround
- noun United States professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934)
Hank Aaron; Henry Louis Aaron.
- noun (Old Testament) elder brother of Moses and first high priest of the Israelites; created the golden calf
iataSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an unofficial association of people or groups
circle; set; lot.
- the smart set goes there
- they were an angry lot
- noun instrumentalists not including string players
- adjective satellite belonging to the past; of what is important or famous in the past
- historic victories
- historical (or historic) times
- a historical character
- adjective satellite important in history
- the historic first voyage to outer space
- noun a very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses; the most difficult gas to liquefy; occurs in economically extractable amounts in certain natural gases (as those found in Texas and Kansas)
helium; atomic number 2.
- noun the 5th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- noun a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
- the boat had a metallic finish
- he applied a coat of a clear finish
- when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly
- noun the temporal end; the concluding time
last; finis; finale; close; stopping point; conclusion.
- the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell
- the market was up at the finish
- they were playing better at the close of the season
- noun the act of beginning something new
unveiling; introduction; entry; first appearance; launching.
- they looked forward to the debut of their new product line
- noun the presentation of a debutante in society
- noun the fatty flesh of eel; an elongate fish found in fresh water in Europe and America; large eels are usually smoked or pickled
- noun voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
- noun an informal term for a youth or man
bozo; hombre; cat.
- a nice guy
- the guy's only doing it for some doll
- noun an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day
- noun a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
- they always sat on the right side of the church
- he never left my side
- noun one of two or more contesting groups
- the Confederate side was prepared to attack
hydroxyethylrutosideSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the products of human creativity; works of art collectively
- an art exhibition
- a fine collection of art
- noun the creation of beautiful or significant things
artistic creation; artistic production.
- art does not need to be innovative to be good
- I was never any good at art
- he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully
- noun a function word that is used in place of a noun or noun phrase
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
- adjective of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth
- economic growth
- aspects of social, political, and economical life
- adjective of or relating to the science of economics
- economic theory
- noun an arrangement of parts or elements
- the outcome depends on the configuration of influences at the time
- noun a configuration of stars as seen from the earth
- noun one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc
- noun a book of blank pages with pockets or envelopes; for organizing photographs or stamp collections etc
What see'st thou in the ground? Shak.
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Ps. viii. 4.
What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! Matt. viii. 27.
superheroSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
amtrakSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a new appraisal or evaluation
reappraisal; reassessment; revaluation.
- noun an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
critique; critical review; review article.
èrsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (Islam) the will of Allah
- noun the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- his state is in the deep south
- noun the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- the current state of knowledge
- his state of health
- in a weak financial state
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- noun a daily written record of (usually personal) experiences and observations
- noun a periodical dedicated to a particular subject
- he reads the medical journals
- noun a university in Massachusetts
- noun American philanthropist who left his library and half his estate to the Massachusetts college that now bears his name (1607-1638)
- noun a landlocked republic in southwestern Asia; formerly an Asian soviet; modern Armenia is but a fragment of ancient Armenia which was one of the world's oldest civilizations; throughout 2500 years the Armenian people have been invaded and oppressed by their neighbors
Hayastan; Republic of Armenia.
- noun a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols
- he taught foreign languages
- the language introduced is standard throughout the text
- the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- noun (language) communication by word of mouth
oral communication; spoken language; voice communication; speech communication; speech; spoken communication.
- his speech was garbled
- he uttered harsh language
- he recorded the spoken language of the streets
- noun a politically organized body of people under a single government
commonwealth; land; res publica; nation; state; body politic.
- the state has elected a new president
- African nations
- students who had come to the nation's capitol
- the country's largest manufacturer
- an industrialized land
- noun the territory occupied by a nation
- he returned to the land of his birth
- he visited several European countries
isoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- noun something that people do or cause to happen
deed; human activity; human action.
bucknerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
- adjective satellite arousing or provoking laughter
funny; risible; mirthful; amusing; laughable; comical.
- an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls
- an amusing fellow
- a comic hat
- a comical look of surprise
- funny stories that made everybody laugh
- a very funny writer
- it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much
- a mirthful experience
- risible courtroom antics
musiqSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun structures collectively in which people are housed
living accommodations; lodging.
- noun a protective cover designed to contain or support a mechanical component
- noun a person who grows or makes or invents things
- noun terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
Jehovah; God Almighty; Almighty; Lord; Divine; Maker; Godhead.
heraklionSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
- noun a deliberately false or improbable account
- noun a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose
- he started looking for a gas station
- the train pulled into the station
- noun proper or designated social situation
- he overstepped his place
- the responsibilities of a man in his station
- married above her station
- noun a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
- noun any of a large class of plant pigments having a chemical structure based on or similar to flavone
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun (folklore) a small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings
- noun a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot; topographic point.
- this is a nice place for a picnic
- a bright spot on a planet
- noun any area set aside for a particular purpose
- who owns this place?
- the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
- noun a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- the science of genetics
- noun ability to produce solutions in some problem domain
- the skill of a well-trained boxer
- the sweet science of pugilism
- noun a member of a pastoral Bantu people living in Namibia, Botswana, and Angola
- noun a Banto language spoken by the Herero in Namibia, Botswana, and Angola
- noun noteworthy scarcity
- noun a rarified quality
low density; tenuity.
- the tenuity of the upper atmosphere
- noun anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
- the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques
- noun sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
phonograph recording; platter; phonograph record; disc; disk.
- noun the time yet to come
time to come; futurity; hereafter.
- noun a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the future
hermioneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
U.K.; Great Britain; Britain; United Kingdom; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- noun a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
assistant; help; supporter.
- my invaluable assistant
- they hired additional help to finish the work
- noun a person who helps people or institutions (especially with financial help)
- noun a contemporary person
- noun a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
Bodoni font; modern font; Bodoni.
- noun the state of being omniscient; having infinite knowledge
- noun any of a large group of nitrogenous organic compounds that are essential constituents of living cells; consist of polymers of amino acids; essential in the diet of animals for growth and for repair of tissues; can be obtained from meat and eggs and milk and legumes
- a diet high in protein
”Sorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
flick; picture; picture show; pic; movie; motion picture; moving-picture show; motion-picture show; moving picture.
- they went to a movie every Saturday night
- the film was shot on location
- noun a medium that disseminates moving pictures
- theater pieces transferred to celluloid
- this story would be good cinema
- film coverage of sporting events
tindersticksSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective relating to the process of education
- educational psychology
- adjective satellite providing knowledge
- an educational film
- adjective characterized by unity; being or joined into a single entity
- presented a united front
- verb act in concert or unite in a common purpose or belief
- noun return to an original state
- the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid
- noun gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
- noun the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- noun the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems
engineering science; engineering; applied science.
- he had trouble deciding which branch of engineering to study
- noun an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
aerodrome; drome; airdrome.
getzSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
aim; object; target.
- the sole object of her trip was to see her children
- noun the lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed
object glass; objective lens; object lens.
khoySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
soulstarSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
stanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
imagistSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
richardSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective related to or involving literary fiction
- clever fictional devices
- a fictional treatment of the train robbery
- adjective satellite formed or conceived by the imagination
fictitious; fabricated; fancied.
- a fabricated excuse for his absence
- a fancied wrong
- a fictional character
- noun something that causes feelings of wonder
- the wonders of modern science
- verb be amazed at
- We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities
- noun a short musical composition with words
- a successful musical must have at least three good songs
- noun a distinctive or characteristic sound
- the song of bullets was in the air
- the song of the wind
- the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!