of Idioms & Phrases
- of importance, value, or influence.
adverb in the recent past
late; latterly; recently; lately.
- he was in Paris recently
- lately the rules have been enforced
- as late as yesterday she was fine
- feeling better of late
- the spelling was first affected, but latterly the meaning also
- recently; in time not long past.
- formerly; in time long past.
Of one's self
- by one's self; without help or prompting; spontaneously.
Why, knows not Montague, that of itself England is safe, if true within itself? Shak.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living