Amazon Best Selling Books This Season
of: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by of & Words describing of
- noun the state of being rancid; having a rancid scent or flavor (as of old cooking oil)
- noun an overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety
- verb cause fear in
frighten; scare; fright.
- The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me
- Ghosts could never affright her
- adjective satellite spreading out in different directions
sprawling; rambling; straggling.
- sprawling handwriting
- straggling branches
- straggly hair
- adjective satellite growing or spreading sparsely or irregularly
- straggly ivy
Written in the table of athamaunt. Chaucer.
reutilizationsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the state of being covered with unclean things
grease; filth; dirt; soil; grunge; stain.
- verb make soiled, filthy, or dirty
begrime; soil; bemire; dirty; colly.
- don't soil your clothes when you play outside!
- noun the quantity contained in a carton
- noun the deviation (by a vessel or aircraft) from its intended course due to drifting
- noun a container; usually has a lid
- noun the quantity contained in a bin
- noun the amount that a shelf will hold
- he bought a shelfful of books
- noun the act of glamorizing; making something or someone more beautiful (often in a superficial way)
glamorisation; glamourisation; glamourization.
jarsfulSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a tiny or scarcely detectable amount
smidge; scintilla; iota; smidgin; shred; whit; smidgen; tittle.
- noun an artist who creates sculptures
statue maker; carver; sculpturer.
- noun a faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix and Cetus
reenunciationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come
foretoken; augury; sign.
- he hoped it was an augury
- it was a sign from God
besmirchersSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a piece of music whose original harmony has been revised
hatsfulSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
upraiserSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the earth science that studies fossil organisms and related remains
obviatorSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
paracetamolsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
modifiablenessSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun discoloration of metal surface caused by oxidation
- verb make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically
sully; stain; maculate; defile.
- The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air
- Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man
- verb bring back into original existence, use, function, or position
- restore law and order
- reestablish peace in the region
- restore the emperor to the throne
Epigrammatizers of our English prose style. Coleridge.
hunnishnessSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
upheaverSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
halicarnasusSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a document entitling a commissioned officer to hold a higher rank temporarily (but without higher pay)
- verb promote somebody by brevet, in the military
enervatorsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb heighten or intensify
invigorate; enliven; inspire; exalt.
- These paintings exalt the imagination
- verb give lifelike qualities to
- animated cartoons
- verb interpret romantically
glamourise; romanticise; romanticize.
- Don't romanticize this uninteresting and hard work!
- verb make glamorous and attractive
glamourise; glamorise; glamourize.
- This new wallpaper really glamorizes the living room!
semirespectabilitySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a gaping grimace
To persons of docibility, the real character may be easily taught in a few days. Boyle.
The docibleness of dogs in general. Walton.
- noun the flesh of a chicken used for food
- noun a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
- verb expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
- He was showered with praise
- adjective satellite very generous
overgenerous; unstinting; unstinted; munificent; too-generous; unsparing.
- distributed gifts with a lavish hand
- the critics were lavish in their praise
- a munificent gift
- his father gave him a half-dollar and his mother a quarter and he thought them munificent
- prodigal praise
- unsparing generosity
- his unstinted devotion
- called for unstinting aid to Britain
conterminousnessSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a tiny or scarcely detectable amount
smidge; smidgeon; scintilla; iota; shred; whit; smidgen; tittle.
chuckfullSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
inimicabilitySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an undesirable overabundance
- a bellyful of your complaints
- verb charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone
sully; smirch; smear; defame; asperse; slander; denigrate; calumniate.
- The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation
- verb smear so as to make dirty or stained
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!