noun a three-dimensional work of plastic art
noun creating figures or designs in three dimensions
verb create by shaping stone or wood or any other hard material
- sculpt a swan out of a block of ice
verb shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it
- She is sculpting the block of marble into an image of her husband
: cf. F. sculpture
- The art of carving, cutting, or hewing wood, stone, metal, etc., into statues, ornaments, etc., or into figures, as of men, or other things; hence, the art of producing figures and groups, whether in plastic or hard materials.
- Carved work modeled of, or cut upon, wood, stone, metal, etc.
There, too, in living sculpture, might be seen
The mad affection of the Cretan queen.
Sculp"ture transitive verb
imperfect & past participle Sculptured ; present participle & verbal noun Sculpturing
- To form with the chisel on, in, or from, wood, stone, or metal; to carve; to engrave.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!