respectively Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb in the order given
- the brothers were called Felix and Max, respectively
- As relating to each; particularly; as each belongs to each; as each refers to each in order; as, let each man respectively perform his duty.
The impressions from the objects or the senses do mingle respectively every one with its kind.
- Relatively; not absolutely. Obs.
Sir W. Raleigh.
- Partially; with respect to private views. Obs.
- With respect; regardfully. Obs.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters