eastern Meaning, Definition & Usage
adjective satellite lying toward or situated in the east
- the eastern end of the island
adjective of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States
- the Eastern establishment
adjective satellite lying in or toward the east
- the east side of New York
- eastern cities
adjective relating to or characteristic of regions of eastern parts of the world
- Eastern Europe
- the Eastern religions
adjective satellite from the east; used especially of winds
- an eastern wind
- the winds are easterly
- Situated or dwelling in the east; oriental; as, an eastern gate; Eastern countries.
Eastern churches first did Christ embrace.
- Going toward the east, or in the direction of east; as, an eastern voyage.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters