coupled Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb bring two objects, ideas, or people together
pair; couple; mate; twin; match.
- This fact is coupled to the other one
- Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?
- The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project
verb link together
couple; couple on; couple up.
- can we couple these proposals?
verb form a pair or pairs
pair; pair off; couple; partner off.
- The two old friends paired off
verb engage in sexual intercourse
pair; couple; mate; copulate.
adjective satellite joined together especially in a pair or pairs
adjective satellite connected by a link, as railway cars or trailer trucks
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters