noun the housing or outer covering of something
- the clock has a walnut case
noun the outermost covering of a pneumatic tire
noun the enclosing frame around a door or window opening
- the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced
verb look over, usually with the intention to rob
- They men cased the housed
verb enclose in, or as if in, a case
case; encase; incase.
- my feet were encased in mud
- The act or process of inclosing in, or covering with, a case or thin substance, as plaster, boards, etc.
- An outside covering, for protection or ornament, or to precent the radiation of heat.
- An inclosing frame; esp. the framework around a door or a window. See Case, n., 4.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!