arranging Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
verb put into a proper or systematic order
set up; arrange.
- arrange the books on the shelves in chronological order
verb make arrangements for
fix up; arrange.
- Can you arrange a meeting with the President?
verb plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
- the neighboring tribe staged an invasion
verb set (printed matter) into a specific format
- Format this letter so it can be printed out
verb arrange attractively
do; set; coiffe; coif; coiffure; dress; arrange.
- dress my hair for the wedding
verb adapt for performance in a different way
- set this poem to music
verb arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events
put; order; set up; arrange.
- arrange my schedule
- set up one's life
- I put these memories with those of bygone times
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage, 2nd Edition Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income