appreciated Meaning, Definition & Usage
verb recognize with gratitude; be grateful for
verb be fully aware of; realize fully
appreciate; take account.
- Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?
verb hold dear
treasure; appreciate; prize; value.
- I prize these old photographs
verb gain in value
appreciate; apprise; apprize; revalue.
- The yen appreciated again!
verb increase the value of
appreciate; apprise; apprize.
- The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark
adjective satellite fully understood or grasped
- dangers not yet appreciated
- these apprehended truths
- a thing comprehended is a thing known as fully as it can be known
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers