always Meaning, Definition & Usage
adverb at all times; all the time and on every occasion
- I will always be there to help you
- always arrives on time
- there is always some pollution in the air
- ever hoping to strike it rich
- ever busy
adverb without variation or change, in every case
- constantly kind and gracious
- he always arrives on time
adverb without interruption
incessantly; forever; constantly; perpetually.
- the world is constantly changing
adverb at any time or in any event
- you can always resign if you don't like it
- you could always take a day off
adverb forever; throughout all time
- we will always be friends
- I shall treasure it always
- I will always love you
At all times; ever; perpetually; throughout all time; continually; as, God is. alwaysthe same
Even in Heaven his [Mammon's] looks and thoughts. Milton.
Constancy during a certain period, or regularly at stated intervals; invariably; uniformly; -- opposed to sometimes or occasionally.
He always rides a black galloway. Bulwer.