Fashion That Rocked This Christmas
stefan: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by stefan & Words describing stefan
- noun a bishop in one of several Eastern Orthodox Churches in North America
- noun a bishop in eastern Christendom who holds a place below a patriarch but above a metropolitan
- noun a restaurant where food is cooked on a grill
- noun a framework of metal bars used as a partition or a grate
- he cooked hamburgers on the grill
josefSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun Polish prelate who persuaded the Soviet to allow greater religious freedom in Poland (1901-1981)
- noun a cruel and oppressive dictator
- noun Austrian writer (1881-1942)
- noun author of words to be set to music in an opera or operetta
- noun your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
fortune; destiny; fate; portion; lot; circumstances.
- whatever my fortune may be
- deserved a better fate
- has a happy lot
- the luck of the Irish
- a victim of circumstances
- success that was her portion
- noun an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another
chance; fortune; hazard.
- bad luck caused his downfall
- we ran into each other by pure chance
- noun activity directed toward making or doing something
- she checked several points needing further work
- noun a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing
piece of work.
- it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works
- the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work
- he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey
- the work of an active imagination
- erosion is the work of wind or water over time
- noun a fabric made from the hair of sheep
- noun fiber sheared from animals (such as sheep) and twisted into yarn for weaving
banachSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (Roman Catholic Church) one of a group of more than 100 prominent bishops in the Sacred College who advise the Pope and elect new Popes
- noun the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order
- noun a battle in the Seven Years' War (1757); Prussian forces under Frederick the Great defeated the armies of France and Austria
battle of Rossbach.
- noun United States composer (born in Austria) and pianist noted for his interpretations of the works of Mozart and Beethoven and Schubert (1882-1951)
- noun one who writes novels
- noun United States architect (born in Hungary) who was associated with the Bauhaus in the 1920's (1902-1981)
Marcel Lajos Breuer.
tadeuszSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a small cave (usually with attractive features)
- noun a male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917)
haagSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone elected to honorary membership in an academy
- noun a scholar who is skilled in academic disputation
bechtelSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a senior clergyman and dignitary
hierarch; high priest; prelate; archpriest.
- noun any placental mammal of the order Primates; has good eyesight and flexible hands and feet
- noun a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
- she is a doctor of philosophy in physics
- noun a licensed medical practitioner
MD; medico; physician; doc; doctor.
- I felt so bad I went to see my doctor
To no wight thou shalt this counsel wray. Chaucer.
- noun in the Eastern Orthodox Church this title is given to a position between bishop and patriarch; equivalent to archbishop in western Christianity
- noun a person who lives in a metropolis
- noun someone who transmits a message
- return to sender
- noun set used to broadcast radio or tv signals
- noun a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
- noun Austrian physicist who contributed to the kinetic theory of gases (1844-1906)
- noun the brother of your father or mother; the husband of your aunt
- noun a source of help and advice and encouragement
- he played uncle to lonely students
bergerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
vonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (often used in combinations) something constructed with multiple levels
- they rode in a double-decker bus
- noun English dramatist and pamphleteer (1572-1632)
Dekker; Thomas Decker; Thomas Dekker.
- noun someone who is a member of the faculty at a college or university
- noun a local and well-defined elevation of the land
- they loved to roam the hills of West Virginia
- noun structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones
- they built small mounds to hide behind
karlSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun German anatomist (1733-1794)
Kaspar Friedrich Wolff.
raabSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
steSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
andresSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb express gratitude or show appreciation to
- noun writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay)
- noun a person who is able to write and has written something
- noun German dramatist and poet who developed a style of epic theater (1898-1956)
stefanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who uses salt to preserve meat or fish or other foods
- noun someone who makes or deals in salt
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
the States; U.S.A.; U.S.; United States; US; United States of America; America.
- noun the army of the United States of America; the agency that organizes and trains soldiers for land warfare
Army; U. S. Army; United States Army; US Army.
andreiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time from 206 BC to AD 220) and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy; remembered as one of the great eras of Chinese civilization
- noun United States cartoonist whose comic strip included the beagle Snoopy (1922-2000)
Charles Schulz; Charles M. Schulz; Charles Munroe Schulz.
susanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the fatty flesh of eel; an elongate fish found in fresh water in Europe and America; large eels are usually smoked or pickled
- noun voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
- noun an engineering university in Cambridge
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- noun a light enclosing framework (trade name Zimmer) with rubber castors or wheels and handles; helps invalids or the handicapped or the aged to walk
walker; Zimmer frame.
- noun a person skilled in mathematics
- noun a river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea
- noun the state of demanding notice or attention
pressure; insistency; imperativeness; insistence.
- the insistence of their hunger
- the press of business matters
- noun the print media responsible for gathering and publishing news in the form of newspapers or magazines
undSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun agile slender-bodied arboreal mustelids somewhat larger than weasels
- noun someone who composes music as a profession
karolSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the superior of an abbey of monks
- noun Swedish operatic soprano who played Wagnerian roles (born in 1918)
Brigit Nilsson; Marta Brigit Nilsson.
- noun a social scientist who studies the institutions and development of human society
bauerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who is an authority on history and who studies it and writes about it
Two cabinets daintily paved, richly handed, and glazed with crystalline glass. Bacon.
- noun Christian martyr; patron saint of England; hero of the legend of Saint George and the Dragon in which he slew a dragon and saved a princess (?-303)
St. George; Saint George.
- noun King of Great Britain and Ireland and emperor of India from 1936 to 1947; he succeeded Edward VIII (1895-1952)
- noun (Norse mythology) god of earth's fertility and peace and prosperity; son of Njorth and brother of Freya; originally of the Vanir; later with the Aesir
- noun a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
male monarch; Rex.
- noun a competitor who holds a preeminent position
- noun Austrian zoologist who studied the behavior of birds and emphasized the importance of innate as opposed to learned behaviors (1903-1989)
Konrad Zacharias Lorenz; Konrad Lorenz.
georgSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun Russian choreographer (1834-1905)
- noun an associate that one works with
workfellow; fellow worker; co-worker.
- noun a person who is member of one's class or profession
- the surgeon consulted his colleagues
- he sent e-mail to his fellow hackers
- noun a language unit by which a person or thing is known
- his name really is George Washington
- those are two names for the same thing
- noun a person's reputation
- he wanted to protect his good name
- noun a region marking a boundary
- noun the edge of a steep place
st.Sorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun British physicist (born in Austria) who with Lise Meitner recognized that Otto Hahn had produced a new kind of nuclear reaction which they named nuclear fission; Frisch described the explosive potential of a chain nuclear reaction (1904-1979)
Otto Robert Frisch; Otto Frisch.
- noun Norwegian economist noted for his work in econometrics (1895-1973)
Ragnar Frisch; Ragnar Anton Kittil Frisch.
gregSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
richterSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite not biologically differentiated or adapted to a specific function or environment
- the hedgehog is a primitive and generalized mammal
- verb draw from specific cases for more general cases
extrapolate; generalize; infer; generalise.
- noun a male with the same parents as someone else
- my brother still lives with our parents
- noun a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group)
- none of his brothers would betray him
augustinSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the total number counted
- a blood count
- noun the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
counting; tally; enumeration; reckoning; numeration.
- the counting continued for several hours
- noun a line that indicates a boundary
delimitation; border; borderline; boundary line.
- noun a bishop of highest rank
kramerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective of or relating to dimensions
- adjective satellite having dimension--the quality or character or stature proper to a person; he is pasty, bland, faceless"- Norman Cousins
- never matures as a dimensional character
meyerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who plays the piano
- noun German mathematician who created the Klein bottle (1849-1925)
- noun United States psychoanalyst (born in Austria) who was the first to specialize in the psychoanalysis of small children (1882-1960)
- noun a writer for newspapers and magazines
- noun someone who keeps a diary or journal
diarist; diary keeper.
petrovichSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who writes an account of a person's life
- noun small dark geese that breed in the north and migrate southward
brant goose; brent goose; brent.
- noun a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Deutschland; FRG; Federal Republic of Germany.
- noun the German mistress of Adolf Hitler (1910-1945)
- noun United States rocket engineer (born in Germany where he designed a missile used against England); he led the United States Army team that put the first American satellite into space (1912-1977)
Wernher Magnus Maximilian von Braun; Wernher von Braun; von Braun.
- noun a scientist trained in physics
- noun any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage)
Rhenish; Rhine wine.
- noun tarsal joint of the hind leg of hoofed mammals; corresponds to the human ankle
- noun someone who contributes (or promises to contribute) a sum of money
- noun a writer whose work is published in a newspaper or magazine or as part of a book
- noun Swedish film actress (1915-1982)
- noun Swedish film director who used heavy symbolism and explored the psychology of the characters (born 1918)
- noun a person who specializes in designing architectural interiors and their furnishings
interior decorator; house decorator; interior designer; room decorator; decorator.
- noun someone who creates plans to be used in making something (such as buildings)
- noun a reflective thinker characterized by quiet contemplation
ruminator; muser; ponderer.
- noun Swiss chemist who synthesized DDT and discovered its use as an insecticide (1899-1965)
Paul Hermann Muller.
- noun the seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located
- verb perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight
- You have to be a good observer to see all the details
- Can you see the bird in that tree?
- He is blind--he cannot see
- noun a native or inhabitant of Thailand
- noun the most widespread and best known of the Kadai family of languages
- noun a male member of a royal family other than the sovereign (especially the son of a sovereign)
- noun United States film actress (born in Germany) who made many films with Josef von Sternberg and later was a successful cabaret star (1901-1992)
Maria Magdalene von Losch; Marlene Dietrich.
meierSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
johannSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an expert in the science of economics
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!