Devices Everyone Loved this Christmas
do: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by do & Words describing do
- noun a Hebrew minor prophet
- noun an Old Testament book telling Obadiah's prophecies; the shortest book in the Christian Bible
Obadiah; Book of Obadiah.
The wreath is ivy that ingirts our beams. Drayton.
- noun a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
ardor; elan; ardour.
- they were imbued with a revolutionary ardor
- he felt a kind of religious zeal
- noun excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end
- he had an absolute zeal for litigation
- verb be fully aware or cognizant of
recognise; agnize; recognize; realise; realize.
cruzeiroSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun port city in northwest Portugal; noted for port wine
- verb be fully aware or cognizant of
recognise; recognize; realise; agnise; realize.
kwonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
he'llSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
she'llSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
notworkSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
licensorsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
cidadeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
senhoraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb make more complicated
- There was a new development that complicated the matter
- verb make more complex, intricate, or richer
rarify; elaborate; refine.
- refine a design or pattern
- noun the capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island
capital of Cape Verde; Cidade de Praia.
- noun a short high tone produced as a signal or warning
- verb emit a single short high-pitched signal
- The computer bleeped away
- noun a painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick' and `wrick' are British)
rick; kink; crick.
- verb twist suddenly so as to sprain
twist; turn; rick; sprain; wrench.
- wrench one's ankle
- The wrestler twisted his shoulder
- the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell
- I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days
- noun a knee-length pleated tartan skirt worn by men as part of the traditional dress in the Highlands of northern Scotland
it'llSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb authenticate as a notary
- We had to have the signature notarized
snarksSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an acrobatic feat in which a person balances on the head (usually with the help of the hands)
- noun a meter for measuring electrical resistance in ohms
kinhinSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
senhoresSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the act of supporting yourself by your hands alone in an upside down position
- noun a river in central Brazil that flows generally northward (with many falls) to join the Tocantins River
Araguaya River; Araguaia River; Araguaya.
- noun United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959)
- noun an acrobatic feat in which the trunk is bent backward from a standing position until the hands touch the floor
- adjective satellite roundabout and unnecessarily wordy; (`ambagious' is archaic)
circumlocutory; ambagious; circumlocutious.
- had a preference for circumlocutious (or circumlocutory) rather than forthright expression
- A periphrastic study in a worn-out poetical fashion,/ Leaving one still with the intolerable wrestle/ With words and meanings."-T.S.Eliot
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Capricorn
- noun a faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere; between Sagittarius and Aquarius
they'llSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Scorpio
- noun a large zodiacal constellation between Libra and Sagittarius
- noun (fencing) an attacking thrust made with one foot forward and the back leg straight and with the sword arm outstretched forward
lunge; straight thrust.
- noun someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
The soul of every man Prophetically doth forethink thy fall. Shak.
- noun an automaton that resembles a human being
mechanical man; humanoid.
- adverb in a permissible manner
governadorSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective the dining table
- noun an arm exercise performed lying face to the floor and pushing the body up and down with the arms
- noun an infant that is born prior to 37 weeks of gestation
premature baby; premie; preterm infant; premature infant; preterm baby.
- noun an acrobatic feat in which a person goes from a standing position to a handstand and back again
- noun a neutral middle vowel; occurs in unstressed syllables
- noun a large waterfall on the border between Argentina and Brazil
Iguazu Falls; Iguassu Falls; Victoria Falls; Iguazu.
situpsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Virgo
- noun a large zodiacal constellation on the equator; between Leo and Libra
- noun a small worthless amount
diddlyshit; squat; shit; diddly-squat; diddly-shit; jack; diddley; diddlysquat; doodly-squat.
- you don't know jack
- noun informal terms for a mother
ma; mummy; mammy; mum; momma; mamma; mom; mama.
pullupsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun wingless usually flattened bloodsucking insect parasitic on warm-blooded animals
- noun a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
dirt ball; insect; worm.
- verb foretell by divine inspiration
- adjective used of physical heat; having a high or higher than desirable temperature or giving off heat or feeling or causing a sensation of heat or burning
- hot stove
- hot water
- a hot August day
- a hot stuffy room
- she's hot and tired
- a hot forehead
- adjective satellite characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense
- the fighting became hot and heavy
- a hot engagement
- a raging battle
- the river became a raging torrent
- noun a native or resident of Maine
The trial hath endamaged thee no way. Milton.
- noun a city in northern Mexico in the state of Chihuahua; commercial center of northern Mexico
- noun a state in northern Mexico; mostly high plateau
- noun a wheel that has wooden spokes and a metal rim
- noun acrobatic revolutions with the body turned sideways and the arms and legs outstretched like the spokes of a wheel
- noun someone in love with themselves
- verb accept as true; take to be true
- I believed his report
- We didn't believe his stories from the War
- She believes in spirits
- verb judge or regard; look upon; judge
conceive; think; consider.
- I think he is very smart
- I believe her to be very smart
- I think that he is her boyfriend
- The racist conceives such people to be inferior
- noun a strict vegetarian; someone who eats no animal or dairy products at all
- noun the region of the shore of a lake or sea or ocean
littoral; littoral zone; sands.
- noun a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
gouger; chiseller; chiseler; defrauder; swindler; grifter.
He was . . . a thick gnarre. Chaucer.
wiseguysSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the activity of making clear or converting from code into plain text
- a secret key or password is required for decryption
- verb convert code into ordinary language
decode; decipher; decrypt.
- adjective satellite most excessively abundant
triathlonsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean
- noun monster hatched by a reptile from a cock's egg; able to kill with a glance
- noun a puzzle in which words corresponding to numbered clues are to be found and written in to squares in the puzzle
- noun a digit representing the sum of the digits in an instance of digital data; used to check whether errors have occurred in transmission or storage
- noun robbery at gunpoint
armed robbery; heist; holdup.
equadorSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who is feeling grief (as grieving over someone who has died)
lamenter; sorrower; mourner.
i'llSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the largest Latin American country and the largest Portuguese speaking country in the world; located in the central and northeastern part of South America; world's leading coffee exporter
Brazil; Federative Republic of Brazil.
- noun an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
dad; dada; papa; pop; pappa; pa.
roadworkSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a fat-soluble vitamin that prevents rickets
calciferol; viosterol; cholecalciferol; vitamin D; ergocalciferol.
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of one hundred and five
five hundred; 500.
They . . . prevailed on the Galatians to Judaize so far as to observe the rites of Moses in various instances. They were Judaizing doctors, who taught the observation of the Mosaic law. Bp. Bull.
- noun regional anesthesia resulting from injection of an anesthetic into the epidural space of the spinal cord; sensation is lost in the abdominal and genital and pelvic areas; used in childbirth and gynecological surgery
epidural anesthesia; epidural anaesthesia.
- adjective on or outside the dura mater
- noun someone who sends unwanted email (often in bulk)
rokuSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
Statists indeed, And lovers of their country. Milton.
xinguSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who participates in long-distance races (especially in marathons)
marathon runner; road runner; long-distance runner.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!