calque: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by calque & Words describing calque
papierSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea; formerly a major Phoenician seaport famous for silks
- adjective of or relating to or conforming to the rules of syntax
- the syntactic rules of a language
- noun a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
rendering; interlingual rendition; version.
- noun a uniform movement without rotation
- adjective of or relating to meaning or the study of meaning
- semantic analysis
- verb command with authority
- He directed the children to do their homework
- verb intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
aim; point; place; target.
- He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face
- criticism directed at her superior
- direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!