zephyrus : Related Words Words similar in meaning to zephyrus
- Astra Planeta
- Ancient Greek
- noun (Greek mythology) the winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology; daughter of Hyperion; identified with Roman Aurora
- noun a wind that blows from the north
northerly; north wind; norther.
- noun (Greek mythology) the god who personified the north wind
- Boreas was pictured as bearded and powerful and winged and draped against the cold
- noun a father or mother; one who begets or one who gives birth to or nurtures and raises a child; a relative who plays the role of guardian
- noun an organism (plant or animal) from which younger ones are obtained
- noun a married woman; a man's partner in marriage
- noun any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
deity; divinity; immortal.
- noun the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
- noun the first light of day
sunup; daybreak; break of day; dawning; morning; break of the day; first light; dayspring; dawn; cockcrow; sunrise.
- we got up before dawn
- they talked until morning
- noun an atmospheric phenomenon consisting of bands of light caused by charged solar particles following the earth's magnetic lines of force
- noun tufted or perennial or annual grasses having runners: finger grass; windmill grass
Mild as when Zephyrus on Flora breathes. Milton.
- noun the Greek language prior to the Roman Empire
- noun a male human offspring
- their son became a famous judge
- his boy is taller than he is
- noun the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus)
- noun a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
vis-a-vis; opposite number.
- noun a duplicate copy
- verb cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of
gruntle; placate; appease; conciliate; assuage; pacify; mollify; lenify.
- She managed to mollify the angry customer
- verb give a title to someone; make someone a member of the nobility
- noun a resident of modern Rome
- noun an inhabitant of the ancient Roman Empire
- noun a person who carries a message
- noun the season of growth
- the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring
- he will hold office until the spring of next year
- noun a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
- the spring was broken
- noun the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
due west; W; westward.
- noun the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America
- noun air moving (sometimes with considerable force) from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure
air current; current of air.
- trees bent under the fierce winds
- when there is no wind, row
- the radioactivity was being swept upwards by the air current and out into the atmosphere
- noun a tendency or force that influences events
- the winds of change
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!