Amazon Best Selling Books This Season
trapani : Related Words Words similar in meaning to trapani
- birgi airport
- egadi island
- monte san giuliano
- good friday
- pesto alla trapenese
- nearby egadi island
- museum agostino pepoli
- mattanza technique
- maria ss . dell ' intria
- madonna di trapani
- local football team trapani calcio
- ligurian pesto
- la piovra drama miniseries
- city decayed due
- casa ciambra
- baroque palazzo della giudecca
- traditional pine nut
- splendid rose
- monte erice
- ancient eryx
- processione dei misteri di trapani
- ligny tower
- intense allied bombardment
- glue sculpture
- castello di terra
- passion procession
- numerous salt
- magnificent basilica
- lifelike wood
- casa santa
- populous comune
- holy week activity
- paris beauvais
- badia nuova
- mediterranean sea
- maria santissima annunziata
- giovanni biagio amico
- curving shape
- century watchtower
- cable car ride
- nino pisano
- several beach
- father uranus
- marsala wine
- main local industry
- daughter persephone
- extant remains
- arab domination
- sicilian baroque
- goddess demeter
- continuous hour
- mythical origin
- d ' olonne
- nearby coast
- le sable
- individual scene
- louis vuitton cup
- movie scene
- notable monument
- ferry port
- sant ' agostino
- ancient legend
- main gateway
- holy saturday
- first punic war
- current appearance
- cost carrier
- local importance
- religious event
- anthony van dyck
- military position
- baroque church
- fishing port
- marble statue
- century castle
- religious festival
- archaeological museum
- medieval castle
- modern period
- main sights
- serie b
- baroque style
- naval base
- eastern suburb
- nearby city
- popular destination
- international relations
- ancient city
- santa maria
- twin town
- ancient time
- historic building
- west coast
- 15th – 16th century
- 18th century
- 14th century
- 17th century
- noun a person who cares for persons or property
defender; shielder; guardian.
rogerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a gambling card game of Spanish origin; 3 or 4 cards are dealt face up and players bet that one of them will be matched before the others as the cards are dealt from the pack one at a time
three-card monte; four-card monte.
- noun a consecrated place where sacred objects are kept
- noun a shelter from danger or hardship
pisanoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
badiaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an optical instrument for aiding the eye in aiming, as on a firearm or surveying instrument
- noun an instance of visual perception
- the sight of his wife brought him back to reality
- the train was an unexpected sight
- noun an edge tool for cutting grass or crops; has a curved blade and a short handle
reaping hook; reap hook.
And death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them. Rev. xx. 13 (Rev. Ver. ).
Neither was he left in Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. Acts ii. 31 (Rev. Ver.).
And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torments. Luke xvi.23 (Rev. Ver.).
- noun any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
configuration; contour; form; conformation.
- he could barely make out their shapes
- noun the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance
- geometry is the mathematical science of shape
- noun the act of someone who fishes as a diversion
- noun the occupation of catching fish for a living
castelloSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
engagement; conflict; fight.
- Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga
- he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement
- noun an energetic attempt to achieve something
- getting through the crowd was a real struggle
- he fought a battle for recognition
- noun cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
- verb join or attach with or as if with glue
- paste the sign on the wall
- cut and paste the sentence in the text
- noun a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
- adjective satellite concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church
- religious texts
- a member of a religious order
- lords temporal and spiritual
- spiritual leaders
- spiritual songs
- noun a quantity that is added
- there was an addition to property taxes this year
- they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks
- noun a change resulting in an increase
- the increase is scheduled for next month
- noun how something is done or how it happens
fashion; manner; way; mode.
- her dignified manner
- his rapid manner of talking
- their nomadic mode of existence
- in the characteristic New York style
- a lonely way of life
- in an abrasive fashion
- noun a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period
- all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper
- noun a chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints)
allaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle
- he put the cup back in the saucer
- the handle of the cup was missing
- noun the quantity a cup will hold
- he drank a cup of coffee
- he borrowed a cup of sugar
miniseriesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any of many shrubs of the genus Rosa that bear roses
- noun pinkish table wine from red grapes whose skins were removed after fermentation began
blush wine; pink wine; rose wine.
- adjective satellite damaged by decay; hence unsound and useless
- rotten floor boards
- rotted beams
- a decayed foundation
- verb lose a stored charge, magnetic flux, or current
disintegrate; decompose; decay.
- the particles disintegrated during the nuclear fission process
- noun a practical method or art applied to some particular task
- noun skillfulness in the command of fundamentals deriving from practice and familiarity
- practice greatly improves proficiency
- noun a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father)
male parent; begetter.
- his father was born in Atlanta
- noun the founder of a family
- keep the faith of our forefathers
- noun a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- noun a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- noun the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
- noun the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- noun a strong feeling or emotion
- noun the trait of being intensely emotional
- noun a sauce typically served with pasta; contains crushed basil leaves and garlic and pine nuts and Parmesan cheese in olive oil
- noun any very large body of (salt) water
- noun a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
- noun a wind from the east
east wind; easterly.
- noun a Christian celebration of the Resurrection of Christ; celebrated on the Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox
- noun the property of being close together
- noun the region close around a person or thing
trapeneseSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a domain in which something is dominant
- the untroubled kingdom of reason
- a land of make-believe
- the rise of the realm of cotton in the south
- noun a country with a king as head of state
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
green; park; commons.
- they went for a walk in the park
- adjective belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public
- for the common good
- common lands are set aside for use by all members of a community
- noun the time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment
- noun the number of shares outstanding and available for trading by the public
- noun a traditional story accepted as history; serves to explain the world view of a people
diSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the capital and largest city of Bavaria in southwestern Germany
- noun the shore of a sea or ocean
sea-coast; seashore; seacoast.
- noun a slope down which sleds may coast
- when it snowed they made a coast on the golf course
- adjective satellite belonging to the past; of what is important or famous in the past
- historic victories
- historical (or historic) times
- a historical character
- adjective satellite important in history
- the historic first voyage to outer space
amicoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
calcioSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
agostinoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a formal association of people with similar interests
club; society; social club; gild; lodge; order.
- he joined a golf club
- they formed a small lunch society
- men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today
- noun the business of providing services to tourists
- Tourism is a major business in Bermuda
- noun time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
twenty-four hours; mean solar day; twenty-four hour period; solar day; 24-hour interval.
- two days later they left
- they put on two performances every day
- there are 30,000 passengers per day
- noun some point or period in time
- it should arrive any day now
- after that day she never trusted him again
- those were the days
- these days it is not unusual
lutonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained
secret; closed book; enigma.
- how it got out is a mystery
- it remains one of nature's secrets
- noun a story about a crime (usually murder) presented as a novel or play or movie
mystery story; whodunit.
- noun the place where some action occurs
- the police returned to the scene of the crime
- noun an incident (real or imaginary)
- their parting was a sad scene
beauvaisSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a telegram sent abroad
overseas telegram; cablegram.
- noun a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
transmission line; line.
segestaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun United States prizefighter who was world heavyweight champion for 12 years (1914-1981)
Joseph Louis Barrow; Joe Louis.
- noun someone whose occupation is catching fish
- noun the capital and largest city of Sweden; located in southern Sweden on the Baltic
capital of Sweden.
- the Nobel Prize is awarded in Stockholm
- noun any specific behavior
- they avoided all recreational activity
- noun the state of being active
- his sphere of activity
- he is out of action
- adjective regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public
- a popular tourist attraction
- a popular girl
- cabbage patch dolls are no longer popular
- adjective satellite carried on by or for the people (or citizens) at large
- the popular vote
- popular representation
- institutions of popular government
- noun elaborate and extensive ornamentation in decorative art and architecture that flourished in Europe in the 17th century
- noun the historic period from about 1600 until 1750 when the baroque style of art, architecture, and music flourished in Europe
Baroque era; Baroque period.
dyckSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any object that is left unused or still extant
- I threw out the remains of my dinner
- noun the dead body of a human being
clay; corpse; stiff; cadaver.
- the cadaver was intended for dissection
- the end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse
- the murderer confessed that he threw the stiff in the river
- honor comes to bless the turf that wraps their clay
- noun any period of seven consecutive days
- it rained for a week
- noun hours or days of work in a calendar week
- they worked a 40-hour week
- noun the Italian region on the island of Sicily
- noun the largest island in the Mediterranean
- noun usually large hard-shelled seed
- noun Egyptian goddess of the sky
- noun small bushy deciduous tree native to Asia and North Africa having pretty pink blossoms and highly prized edible nuts enclosed in a hard green hull; cultivated in southern Australia and California
Amygdalus communis; Prunus dulcis; sweet almond; Prunus amygdalus.
- noun oval-shaped edible seed of the almond tree
- adjective satellite characterized by grandeur
brilliant; splendid; glorious.
- the brilliant court life at Versailles
- a glorious work of art
- magnificent cathedrals
- the splendid coronation ceremony
- noun (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost
- the emanation of the Holy Spirit
- the rising of the Holy Ghost
- the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son
- noun the group action of a collection of people or animals or vehicles moving ahead in more or less regular formation
- processions were forbidden
- noun a natural elevation (especially a rocky one that juts out into the sea)
headland; head; foreland.
- noun an acute insufficiency
- noun a severe shortage of food (as through crop failure) resulting in violent hunger and starvation and death
- noun a particular society at a particular time and place
- early Mayan civilization
- noun the tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group
- noun the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- noun the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
price; monetary value.
- the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver
- he puts a high price on his services
- he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection
- noun the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
outpouring; onslaught; barrage.
- a barrage of questions
- a bombardment of mail complaining about his mistake
- noun the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
battery; barrage fire; barrage; shelling.
- they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops
- the shelling went on for hours without pausing
- noun a division of an ocean or a large body of salt water partially enclosed by land
- noun anything apparently limitless in quantity or volume
annunziataSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any large and important church
- noun the principal Christian church building of a bishop's diocese
- adjective satellite evoking lifelike images within the mind
graphic; vivid; pictorial.
- pictorial poetry and prose
- graphic accounts of battle
- a lifelike portrait
- a vivid description
- adjective satellite free from artificiality
- a lifelike pose
- a natural reaction
- noun something that happens at a given place and time
- noun a special set of circumstances
- in that event, the first possibility is excluded
- it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled
- noun something that serves as a means of transportation
- noun an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
misteriSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a heavy, closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents)
- noun an oil painting on canvas fabric
nuovaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an ancient city state on the north African coast near modern Tunis; founded by Phoenicians; destroyed and rebuilt by Romans; razed by Arabs in 697
fontanaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
deity; divinity; immortal.
- noun the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
pantelleriaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a flow of electricity through a conductor
- the current was measured in amperes
- noun a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes)
- the raft floated downstream on the current
- he felt a stream of air
- the hose ejected a stream of water
- noun the largest inland sea; between Europe and Africa and Asia
- noun a structure from which an artificially produced jet of water arises
- noun a natural flow of ground water
outpouring; spring; natural spring; outflow.
- noun a commodity that enters competition with established merchandise
- a well publicized entrant is the pocket computer
- noun any new participant in some activity
newbie; fledgeling; neophyte; newcomer; freshman; fledgling; starter.
- noun an artist's brush made of sable hairs
sable brush; sable's hair pencil.
- noun the expensive dark brown fur of the marten
- noun a coniferous tree
true pine; pine tree.
- noun straight-grained durable and often resinous white to yellowish timber of any of numerous trees of the genus Pinus
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- adjective satellite amounting to a large indefinite number
- numerous times
- the family was numerous
- Palomar's fans are legion
- noun the western seaboard of the United States from Washington to southern California
- noun tropical marine gastropods having beautifully colored spiral shells
- noun (Greek mythology) a sea god; son of Poseidon
- noun the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
- noun an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
European Community; EC; European Economic Community; Common Market; EU; European Union; EEC.
- he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union
egadiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
birgiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages
- Medieval scholars
- Medieval times
- adjective satellite as if belonging to the Middle Ages; old-fashioned and unenlightened
- a medieval attitude toward dating
trapaniSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
ligurianSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the quality of being important and worthy of note
- the importance of a well-balanced diet
- noun a prominent status
- a person of importance
- noun (Greek mythology) daughter of Zeus and Demeter; made queen of the underworld by Pluto in ancient mythology; identified with Roman Proserpina
Kore; Cora; Despoina.
- noun a cooperative unit (especially in sports)
- noun two or more draft animals that work together to pull something
- noun a celebrity who is an inspiration to others
luminary; guiding light; leading light; notability.
- he was host to a large gathering of luminaries
- adjective satellite worthy of notice
- a noteworthy advance in cancer research
- noun installation from which a military force initiates operations
base of operations.
- the attack wiped out our forward bases
- noun lowest support of a structure
foundation; substructure; groundwork; understructure; fundament; foot.
- it was built on a base of solid rock
- he stood at the foot of the tower
mattanzaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- noun buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- noun the legendary patron saint of children; an imaginary being who is thought to bring presents to children at Christmas
Kriss Kringle; Saint Nicholas; St. Nick; Father Christmas; Santa Claus; Saint Nick.
- noun a boat that transports people or vehicles across a body of water and operates on a regular schedule
- noun transport by boat or aircraft
- noun followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices
- noun an interest followed with exaggerated zeal
rage; fad; furore; furor; craze.
- he always follows the latest fads
- it was all the rage that season
- adjective possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree
- intense heat
- intense anxiety
- intense desire
- intense emotion
- the skunk's intense acrid odor
- intense pain
- enemy fire was intense
- adjective satellite extremely sharp or intense
- acute pain
- felt acute annoyance
- intense itching and burning
vuittonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time
- the dank climate of southern Wales
- plants from a cold clime travel best in winter
- noun the prevailing psychological state
- the climate of opinion
- the national mood had changed radically since the last election
- noun a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- noun a female human offspring
- her daughter cared for her in her old age
- noun a residential district located on the outskirts of a city
suburbia; suburban area.
- noun a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- noun a zone or area resembling an island
- noun a variable color averaging a deep pink
- noun the hard stony skeleton of a Mediterranean coral that has a delicate red or pink color and is used for jewelry
precious coral; red coral.
- noun a white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily; occurs in rare earth minerals and is usually classified as a rare earth
atomic number 57; lanthanum.
- noun a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
Louisiana; Pelican State.
- noun capital and largest city and major port of the Irish Republic
capital of Ireland; Irish capital.
- noun public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
- the local seemed to take forever to get to New York
- noun anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
local anaesthetic; topical anesthetic; local anesthetic; topical anaesthetic.
- noun a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage
dramatic play; play.
- he wrote several plays but only one was produced on Broadway
- noun an episode that is turbulent or highly emotional
- noun an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
aerodrome; drome; airdrome.
- noun someone whose employment involves carrying something
- the bonds were transmitted by carrier
- noun a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something
- refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business
marausaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
constanţaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a large and stately mansion
- noun a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- noun airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
tin; tin can.
- noun the quantity contained in a can
- noun a depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value
- noun the first or highest in an ordering or series
- He wanted to be the first
- noun the first element in a countable series
number 1; number one.
- the first of the month
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
root; beginning; rootage; source.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun properties attributable to your ancestry
- he comes from good origins
- noun a republic in southeastern Europe with a short coastline on the Black Sea
- noun a republic in northwestern Africa on the Mediterranean coast; achieved independence from France in 1956
Republic of Tunisia.
- southern Tunisia is mostly desert
biagioSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
drépanonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
- noun an amount of time
period of time; time period.
- a time period of 30 years
- hastened the period of time of his recovery
- Picasso's blue period
- noun the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
- noun a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
harbor; haven; seaport.
- noun a place of refuge and comfort and security
- noun the capital and largest city of Belgium; seat of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
capital of Belgium; Brussels; Belgian capital.
- noun either of two offspring born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini
- adjective related to or dealing with or devoted to archaeology
archeological; archaeologic; archeologic.
- an archaeological dig
- a dramatic archaeological discovery
- noun mutual dealings or connections or communications among persons or groups
- noun an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- noun one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- noun a place for public (especially Christian) worship
- the church was empty
- noun the Italian region on the island of Sicily
- noun the largest island in the Mediterranean
- noun someone who willfully destroys or defaces property
- noun a member of the Germanic people who overran Gaul and Spain and North Africa and sacked Rome in 455
- noun an entrance that can be closed by a gate
- noun a small vessel for travel on water
- noun a dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
gravy holder; sauceboat; gravy boat.
- noun the atmosphere and outer space as viewed from the earth
- verb throw or toss with a light motion
toss; flip; pitch.
- flip me the beachball
- toss me newspaper
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- noun a very old person
- noun a person who lived in ancient times
- noun any creative group active in the innovation and application of new concepts and techniques in a given field (especially in the arts)
vanguard; avant-garde; new wave.
- noun the leading units moving at the head of an army
elymiansSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a day or period of time set aside for feasting and celebration
- noun an organized series of acts and performances (usually in one place)
- a drama festival
- noun the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
due west; W; westward.
- noun the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America
- noun the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
- a crowd assembled at the finish
- he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view
- noun the ultimate goal for which something is done
- noun that which is deserved or owed
- give the devil his due
- noun a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership)
- the society dropped him for non-payment of dues
- noun the Saturday before Easter; the last day of Lent
- noun a story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
- noun brief description accompanying an illustration
piovraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
santissimaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a hard crystalline metamorphic rock that takes a high polish; used for sculpture and as building material
- noun a small ball of glass that is used in various games
- noun a dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon
- noun valuable timber tree of Panama
- noun a port and tourist center in southwestern Italy; capital of the Campania region
- noun the present time or age
- the world of today
- today we have computers
- noun the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow)
- Today is beautiful
- did you see today's newspaper?
- noun a sacred place of pilgrimage
sanctum; holy place.
- adjective belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power
- adjective satellite lying toward or situated in the east
- the eastern end of the island
- adjective of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States
- the Eastern establishment
giovanniSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective continuing in time or space without interruption
- a continuous rearrangement of electrons in the solar atoms results in the emission of light"- James Jeans
- a continuous bout of illness lasting six months
- lived in continuous fear
- a continuous row of warehouses
- a continuous line has no gaps or breaks in it
- moving midweek holidays to the nearest Monday or Friday allows uninterrupted work weeks
- adjective of a function or curve; extending without break or irregularity
- noun a female deity
- noun Roman general under Julius Caesar in the Gallic wars; repudiated his wife for the Egyptian queen Cleopatra; they were defeated by Octavian at Actium (83-30 BC)
Marcus Antonius; Mark Antony; Antonius; Mark Anthony; Antony.
- noun United States suffragist (1820-1906)
Susan Anthony; Susan Brownell Anthony; Susan B. Anthony.
drepanaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the particular portion of space occupied by something
- he put the lamp back in its place
- noun a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
lignySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite tending to betray; especially having a treacherous character as attributed to the Carthaginians by the Romans
- Punic faith
- the perfidious Judas
- the fiercest and most treacherous of foes
- treacherous intrigues
- noun the Phoenician dialect of ancient Carthage
- noun a group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean
Aegadean Isles; Isole Egadi; Egadi Islands; Aegadean Islands.
- adjective still in existence; not extinct or destroyed or lost
- extant manuscripts
- specimens of graphic art found among extant barbaric folk"- Edward Clodd
- adjective satellite having great beauty and splendor
splendiferous; glorious; resplendent.
- a glorious spring morning
- a glorious sunset
- splendid costumes
- a kind of splendiferous native simplicity
- adjective satellite very good; of the highest quality
fantabulous; first-class; excellent.
- made an excellent speech
- the school has excellent teachers
- a first-class mind
- noun an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city
- they drive through town on their way to work
- noun the people living in a municipality smaller than a city
- the whole town cheered the team
- noun transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities (goods and services)
- noun the United States federal department that promotes and administers domestic and foreign trade (including management of the census and the patent office); created in 1913
Commerce Department; Department of Commerce; DoC.
- noun aerobic rod-shaped spore-producing bacterium; often occurring in chainlike formations; found primarily in soil
- noun originally thought to be a single vitamin but now separated into several B vitamins
B vitamin; vitamin B; vitamin B complex; B-complex vitamin; B complex.
casaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite based on or told of in traditional stories; lacking factual basis or historical validity
mythic; mythological; fabulous; mythologic.
- mythical centaurs
- the fabulous unicorn
- noun a period of time equal to 1/24th of a day
hr; 60 minutes.
- the job will take more than an hour
- noun clock time
time of day.
- the hour is getting late
- noun a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
machine; motorcar; automobile; auto.
- he needs a car to get to work
- noun a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad
railroad car; railcar; railway car.
- three cars had jumped the rails
- noun a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile)
- he took the family for a drive in his new car
- noun a mechanical device that you ride for amusement or excitement
ericeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- noun the event of coming into sight
- noun the waging of armed conflict against an enemy
- thousands of people were killed in the war
- noun a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply
state of war.
- war was declared in November but actual fighting did not begin until the following spring
deiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a human being
someone; somebody; soul; person; mortal.
- there was too much for one person to do
- noun a single organism
gesùSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an instance or single occasion for some event
- this time he succeeded
- he called four times
- he could do ten at a clip
- noun a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- take time to smell the roses
- I didn't have time to finish
- it took more than half my time
- noun a structure erected to commemorate persons or events
- noun an important site that is marked and preserved as public property
- noun commodities (goods or services) sold to a foreign country
- verb sell or transfer abroad
- we export less than we import and have a negative trade balance
- noun an observation tower for a lookout to watch over prisoners or watch for fires or enemies
- noun a three-dimensional work of plastic art
- noun creating figures or designs in three dimensions
- noun the people or companies engaged in a particular kind of commercial enterprise
- each industry has its own trade publications
- noun the organized action of making of goods and services for sale
- American industry is making increased use of computers to control production
ninoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
dellaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an early Christian church designed like a Roman basilica; or a Roman Catholic church or cathedral accorded certain privileges
- the church was raised to the rank of basilica
- noun a Roman building used for public administration
- noun a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
Italia; Italian Republic.
sanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a period of 100 years
- noun ten 10s
one C; 100; hundred; C.
- noun a contemporary person
- noun a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
Bodoni font; modern font; Bodoni.
- noun a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
campaign; cause; drive; effort; movement.
- he supported populist campaigns
- they worked in the cause of world peace
- the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant
- the movement to end slavery
- contributed to the war effort
- noun any of the more or less continuous military expeditions in the 11th to 13th centuries when Christian powers of Europe tried to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
- noun benefit
- for your own good
- what's the good of worrying?
- noun moral excellence or admirableness
- there is much good to be found in people
- noun an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
- noun the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
ciambraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
stanstedSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend
- the curved tusks of a walrus
- his curved lips suggested a smile but his eyes were hard
- verb turn sharply; change direction abruptly
swerve; cut; veer; trend; curve; sheer; slew; slue.
- The car cut to the left at the intersection
- The motorbike veered to the right
- noun a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
Italia; Italian Republic.
- noun (Greek mythology) goddess of fertility and protector of marriage in ancient mythology; counterpart of Roman Ceres
processioneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
giudeccaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a method of tending to or managing the affairs of a some group of people (especially the group's business affairs)
- noun the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something
governing body; organisation; governance; organization; brass; establishment.
- he claims that the present administration is corrupt
- the governance of an association is responsible to its members
- he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment
- noun a typeface used in ancient Roman inscriptions
roman type; roman print; roman letters.
- noun a resident of modern Rome
- noun a republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1964
Republic of Malta.
- noun a strategically located island to the south of Sicily in the Mediterranean Sea
pacecoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a place (seaport or airport) where people and merchandise can enter or leave a country
- noun sweet dark-red dessert wine originally from Portugal
- adjective satellite related by common characteristics or ancestry
- allied species
- allied studies
- verb become an ally or associate, as by a treaty or marriage
- He allied himself with the Communists
eryxSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
palazzoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite densely populated
- adjective satellite (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many
- several letters came in the mail
- several people were injured in the accident
- adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
- noun an area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake
- verb land on a beach
- the ship beached near the port
- noun cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel
- noun (Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks; represented as a man with goat's legs and horns and ears; identified with Roman Sylvanus or Faunus
- noun the system of production and distribution and consumption
- noun the efficient use of resources
- economy of effort
- noun the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- his state is in the deep south
- noun the proper sphere or extent of your activities
- it was his province to take care of himself
- noun Friday before Easter
- noun any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- noun the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- noun a festival having religious significance
- noun the Italian region on the island of Sardinia; the kingdom of Sardinia was the nucleus for uniting Italy during the 19th century
- noun an island in the Mediterranean to the west of Italy
- adjective of great significance or value
- important people
- the important questions of the day
- adjective important in effect or meaning
- a significant change in tax laws
- a significant change in the Constitution
- a significant contribution
- significant details
- statistically significant
- noun a sculpture representing a human or animal
- noun the military forces of a nation
armed forces; armed services; military machine; war machine.
- their military is the largest in the region
- the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker
- adjective of or relating to the study of the principles of warfare
- military law
- noun tropical American prickly pear of Jamaica
- noun important warm-water fatty fish of the genus Thunnus of the family Scombridae; usually served as steaks
tuna fish; tunny.
giulianoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an inherited pattern of thought or action
- noun a specific practice of long standing
- noun a formal public statement
announcement; declaration; proclamation.
- the government made an announcement about changes in the drug war
- a declaration of independence
- noun a festival commemorating the announcement of the Incarnation by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
Annunciation Day; Lady Day; March 25.
- noun a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place
- there was a three-story building on the corner
- it was an imposing edifice
- noun the act of constructing something
- during the construction we had to take a detour
- his hobby was the building of boats
- noun city in southeastern Netherlands noted for electrical industry
- noun a public square with room for pedestrians
- they met at Elm Plaza
- Grosvenor Place
- noun a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal)
- noun white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
common salt; table salt.
- noun organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
rising; uprising; insurrection; rebellion.
- verb make revolution
- The people revolted when bread prices tripled again
- noun social control by dominating
- noun power to dominate or defeat
- mastery of the seas
- adjective consisting of or derived from tradition
- traditional history
- traditional morality
- adjective satellite pertaining to time-honored orthodox doctrines
- the simple security of traditional assumptions has vanished
pepoliSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling
- the rooms were very small but they had a nice view
- noun space for movement
elbow room; way.
- room to pass
- make way for
- hardly enough elbow room to turn around
- noun a structure taller than its diameter; can stand alone or be attached to a larger building
- noun anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower
- the test tube held a column of white powder
- a tower of dust rose above the horizon
- a thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite
- noun a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
flick; picture; picture show; pic; motion picture; moving-picture show; motion-picture show; film; moving picture.
- they went to a movie every Saturday night
- the film was shot on location
- noun a serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal
pestilence; pestis; pest.
- noun any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- noun a person who inhabits a particular place
indweller; habitant; dweller; denizen.
- adjective satellite close at hand
- the nearby towns
- concentrated his study on the nearby planet Venus
- adverb not far away in relative terms
- she works nearby
- the planets orbiting nearby are Venus and Mars
- noun a German city; an industrial and commercial and financial center
Frankfurt on the Main; Frankfort.
- noun fermented juice (of grapes especially)
- noun a red as dark as red wine
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!