stalagmite (Also stalagmites) : Related Words Words similar in meaning to stalagmite
- lava stalagmite
- ice stalagmite
- stalactite counterpart
- limestone stalagmite
- common stalagmite
- calcium carbonate
- lava tube
- underground cavern
- rock buildup
- ground context
- dripping material
- concrete stalagmites
- century colossal statue
- ceiling formation
- ceiling dripping
- mineralized water solution
- lava floor
- calcium bicarbonate solution
- natural cave environment
- calcium carbonate rock
- lava stalactite
- shapur cave
- ice stalactite
- warmer air rise
- sơn đoòng cave
- ice column
- cave due
- south iran
- ph condition
- stalagmite formation
- skin oil
- chief form
- concrete ceiling
- water seepage
- water solution
- zagros mountain
- limestone cave
- human contact
- sassanid empire
- surface tension
- mineral water
- photo gallery
- water vapor
- key difference
- generic term
- rock formation
- ancient city
- carbon dioxide
- brake drum
- noun a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
photograph; pic; picture; exposure.
- verb convert into a mineral substance
- verb transform (a metal) into an ore
- noun rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos; lava is what magma is called when it reaches the surface
- noun any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
human being; homo; man.
- adjective characteristic of humanity
- human nature
- noun the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
- noun (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
lavacicleSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the solid part of the earth's surface
dry land; land; terra firma; earth; solid ground.
- the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land
- the earth shook for several minutes
- he dropped the logs on the ground
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
- noun the totality of surrounding conditions
- he longed for the comfortable environment of his living room
- noun the area in which something exists or lives
surroundings; environs; surround.
- the country--the flat agricultural surround
- noun a person who rules or commands
- swayer of the universe
- noun measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- noun a growth in strength or number or importance
- noun the act of changing location in an upward direction
ascension; ascent; ascending.
- noun the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
- verb stop moving or become immobilized
stop dead; freeze.
- When he saw the police car he froze
- noun a word or expression used for some particular thing
- he learned many medical terms
- noun a limited period of time
- a prison term
- he left school before the end of term
- noun anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
- the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques
- noun sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
phonograph recording; platter; phonograph record; disc; disk.
- noun the quality of being unlike or dissimilar
- there are many differences between jazz and rock
- noun a variation that deviates from the standard or norm
deviation; divergence; departure.
- the deviation from the mean
- noun time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
twenty-four hours; mean solar day; twenty-four hour period; solar day; 24-hour interval.
- two days later they left
- they put on two performances every day
- there are 30,000 passengers per day
- noun some point or period in time
- it should arrive any day now
- after that day she never trusted him again
- those were the days
- these days it is not unusual
- noun a state at a particular time
- a condition (or state) of disrepair
- the current status of the arms negotiations
- noun an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
speleothemSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution
- he used a solution of peroxide and water
- noun a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
answer; solvent; resolution; result.
- they were trying to find a peaceful solution
- the answers were in the back of the book
- he computed the result to four decimal places
- noun a loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral
- noun French writer known for works concerning women's rights and independence (1804-1876)
Amandine Aurore Lucie Dupin; Baroness Dudevant; George Sand.
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
green; park; commons.
- they went for a walk in the park
- adjective belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public
- for the common good
- common lands are set aside for use by all members of a community
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- that mountain is solid rock
- stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries
amberatSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an increase by natural growth or addition
- noun several things grouped together or considered as a whole
assemblage; aggregation; collection.
- noun a cylinder of calcium carbonate projecting upward from the floor of a limestone cave
- adjective satellite so great in size or force or extent as to elicit awe
- colossal crumbling ruins of an ancient temple
- has a colossal nerve
- a prodigious storm
- a stupendous field of grass
- stupendous demand
- noun a heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances; absorbed from the air by plants in photosynthesis
CO2; carbonic acid gas.
- noun a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch
- your skin is the largest organ of your body
- noun an outer surface (usually thin)
- the skin of an airplane
- noun a phenomenon at the surface of a liquid caused by intermolecular forces
- noun (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
development; ontogenesis; maturation; ontogeny; growing.
- he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children
- noun a progression from simpler to more complex forms
- the growth of culture
- noun device that heats water or supplies warmth to a room
- adjective having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat
- a warm body
- a warm room
- a warm climate
- a warm coat
- verb cause (ores or powdery metals) to become a coherent mass by heating without melting
- noun the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised
- noun a group of countries under a single authority
- the British created a great empire
- noun the form of calcium carbonate found in stalactites and stalagmites
- noun a protective drip that is made of stone
- noun the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- coal is a hard black material
- wheat is the stuff they use to make bread
- noun information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
- the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography
- noun a white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light; the fifth most abundant element in the earth's crust; an important component of most plants and animals
Ca; atomic number 20.
- noun conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
- noun electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
vacuum tube; electron tube; thermionic vacuum tube; thermionic valve; thermionic tube.
- noun the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
- noun the state of being covered with unclean things
grease; filth; soil; grime; grunge; stain.
- noun water frozen in the solid state
- Americans like ice in their drinks
- noun the frozen part of a body of water
- noun water soaked soil; soft wet earth
- noun slanderous remarks or charges
zagrosSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
đoòngSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an oxide containing two atoms of oxygen in the molecule
sơnSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a salt of carbonic acid (containing the anion HCO3) in which one hydrogen atom has been replaced; an acid carbonate
- noun usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence
- noun a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
sassanidSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
root word; radical; theme; base; root.
- thematic vowels are part of the stem
- noun a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- noun binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- noun the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)
body of water.
- they invaded our territorial waters
- they were sitting by the water's edge
- noun the natural process of laying down a deposit of something
- noun (law) a pretrial interrogation of a witness; usually conducted in a lawyer's office
- noun an arrangement of people or things acting as a unit
- a defensive formation
- a formation of planes
- noun the act of fabricating something in a particular shape
- noun metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated
- noun something crucial for explaining
- the key to development is economic integration
- noun an abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds
C; atomic number 6.
- noun a thin paper coated on one side with a dark waxy substance (often containing carbon); used to transfer characters from the original to an under sheet of paper
- noun a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end
- noun the sound of a drum
- he could hear the drums before he heard the fifes
- noun a cylinder of calcium carbonate projecting upward from the floor of a limestone cave
- noun a line of units following one after another
- noun a vertical glass tube used in column chromatography; a mixture is poured in the top and washed through a stationary substance where components of the mixture are adsorbed selectively to form colored bands
- noun a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
vis-a-vis; opposite number.
- noun a duplicate copy
- noun discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation
linguistic context; context of use.
- noun the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event
- the historical context
- noun the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
due south; S; southward.
- noun the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line
- noun a sedimentary rock consisting mainly of calcium that was deposited by the remains of marine animals
- noun a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
colour; coloring; colouring.
- a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light
- noun interest and variety and intensity
- the Puritan Period was lacking in color
- the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness
- noun the vertical dimension of extension; distance from the base of something to the top
- noun the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
superlative; pinnacle; acme; top; summit; peak; elevation; tiptop; meridian.
- his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty
- the artist's gifts are at their acme
- at the height of her career
- the peak of perfection
- summer was at its peak
- ...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame
- the summit of his ambition
- so many highest superlatives achieved by man
- at the top of his profession
- noun the act of building up an accumulation
- I envied his rapid buildup of assets
- a military buildup in preparation for the invasion
- noun the result of the process of accumulation
- the buildup of leaves blocked the drain pipes
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- noun a very old person
- noun a person who lived in ancient times
- noun the degree of hotness or coldness of a body or environment (corresponding to its molecular activity)
- noun the somatic sensation of cold or heat
- noun a salt or ester of carbonic acid (containing the anion CO3)
- verb turn into a carbonate
- noun that which is deserved or owed
- give the devil his due
- noun a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership)
- the society dropped him for non-payment of dues
- noun a salt found in nature as chalk or calcite or aragonite or limestone
- noun (from potential of Hydrogen) the logarithm of the reciprocal of hydrogen-ion concentration in gram atoms per liter; provides a measure on a scale from 0 to 14 of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution (where 7 is neutral and greater than 7 is more basic and less than 7 is more acidic);
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
speleothemsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the overhead upper surface of a covered space
- he hated painting the ceiling
- noun (meteorology) altitude of the lowest layer of clouds
- noun a cylinder of calcium carbonate hanging from the roof of a limestone cave
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
yard; G; thou; grand; M; chiliad; one thousand; K; 1000.
- adjective satellite denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
one thousand; m; k; 1000.
bishapurSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
rimstoneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun water in a vaporous form diffused in the atmosphere but below boiling temperature
- noun a period of time equal to 1/24th of a day
hr; 60 minutes.
- the job will take more than an hour
- noun clock time
time of day.
- the hour is getting late
- noun ice resembling a pendent spear, formed by the freezing of dripping water
- noun a hollow cast-iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes
drystoneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- air pollution
- a smell of chemicals in the air
- open a window and let in some air
- I need some fresh air
- noun the region above the ground
- her hand stopped in mid air
- he threw the ball into the air
- noun a vaguely specified concern
- several matters to attend to
- it is none of your affair
- things are going well
- noun some situation or event that is thought about
topic; issue; subject.
- he kept drifting off the topic
- he had been thinking about the subject for several years
- it is a matter for the police
- noun the process of seeping
- noun a device (such as a rhyme or acronym) used to aid recall
- adjective of or relating to or involved the practice of aiding the memory
- mnemonic device
- noun a solid bounded by a cylindrical surface and two parallel planes (the bases)
- noun a surface generated by rotating a parallel line around a fixed line
- noun a period of 100 years
- noun ten 10s
one C; 100; hundred; C.
- noun a liquid (as water) that flows in drops (as from the eaves of house)
- noun the sound of a liquid falling drop by drop
- the constant sound of dripping irritated him
- noun the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary
- there is a special cleaner for these surfaces
- the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface
- noun the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- they skimmed over the surface of the water
- a brush small enough to clean every dental surface
- the sun has no distinct surface
- noun a restraint used to slow or stop a vehicle
- noun any of various ferns of the genus Pteris having pinnately compound leaves and including several popular houseplants
- noun any large dark enclosed space
- his eyes were dark caverns
- noun a large cave or a large chamber in a cave
- noun a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- noun (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
plenty; great deal; pot; sight; flock; mint; slew; deal; wad; muckle; pile; lot; mickle; raft; quite a little; passel; hatful; mess; spate; heap; peck; stack; good deal; batch; tidy sum; mass.
- a batch of letters
- a deal of trouble
- a lot of money
- he made a mint on the stock market
- see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos
- it must have cost plenty
- a slew of journalists
- a wad of money
- noun a cut of meat (beef or veal or mutton or lamb) from the upper part of the leg
- noun the part of the human leg between the knee and the ankle
- noun a wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
- noun any product that can be sold without a brand name
- noun a geological formation consisting of an underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea
- verb hollow out as if making a cave or opening
- The river was caving the banks
- noun a person who is in charge
head; top dog.
- the head of the whole operation
- noun a person who exercises control over workers
foreman; gaffer; honcho; boss.
- if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman
- noun the atomic process that occurs during a chemical reaction
- he determined unique mechanisms for the photochemical reactions
- noun the technical aspects of doing something
- a mechanism of social control
- mechanisms of communication
- the mechanics of prose style
- noun a communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea; achieved independence from France in 1945
Annam; Viet Nam; Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- noun a prolonged war (1954-1975) between the communist armies of North Vietnam who were supported by the Chinese and the armies of South Vietnam who were supported by the United States
- noun a secret group organized to overthrow a government or occupation force
- noun an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city)
tube; subway system; subway; metro.
- in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'
- noun (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense
- he suffered from fatigue and emotional tension
- stress is a vasoconstrictor
- noun the physical condition of being stretched or strained
tautness; tenseness; tensity.
- it places great tension on the leg muscles
- he could feel the tenseness of her body
- noun water naturally or artificially impregnated with mineral salts or gasses; often effervescent; often used therapeutically
- noun a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- noun oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
oil color; oil colour.
shapurSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun partially carbonized vegetable matter saturated with water; can be used as a fuel when dried
- noun a sculpture representing a human or animal
- noun spectators at a golf or tennis match
- noun a porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed)
- noun the roundness of a 3-dimensional cylinder
- noun someone regarded as certain to succeed
- he's a natural for the job
- noun a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- noun solid homogeneous inorganic substances occurring in nature having a definite chemical composition
- adjective relating to minerals
- mineral elements
- mineral deposits
- noun the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure)
- they needed rugs to cover the bare floors
- we spread our sleeping bags on the dry floor of the tent
- noun a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale
story; level; storey.
- what level is the office on?
- noun a tube with a small bowl at one end; used for smoking tobacco
- noun a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- noun a strong hard building material composed of sand and gravel and cement and water
- verb cover with cement
- concrete the walls
- noun the roundness of a 3-dimensional cylinder
- noun close interaction
- they kept in daily contact
- they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings
- noun the act of touching physically
- her fingers came in contact with the light switch
- noun a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
- noun a cylindrical container that holds liquids
- noun a visible suspension in the air of particles of some substance
- noun the process of becoming a vapor
evaporation; vaporisation; vaporization; vapour.
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!