sidestreet : Related Words Words similar in meaning to sidestreet
- main series drama
- hit album feel
- jazz musician chuck mangione
- ordinary detective
- minute theme
- canadian television drama
- community service officer
- program developer
- donnelly rhodes
- sean mccann
- theme song
- major crime
- external links
- noun a police officer who investigates crimes
tec; police detective; investigator.
- noun an investigator engaged or employed in obtaining information not easily available to the public
- noun a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
- noun British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943)
John Roy Major; John Major; John R. Major.
- noun confrontational activities intended to break up a strike by workers
donnellySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists)
- he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by force and violence in the short one
- noun the property of being wild or turbulent
fury; furiousness; wildness; fierceness; vehemence; ferocity.
- the storm's violence
- noun an intuitive awareness;
- he has a feel for animals" or "it's easy when you get the feel of it
- noun the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
flavour; look; tone; flavor; feeling; smell; spirit.
- the feel of the city excited him
- a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting
- it had the smell of treason
- noun similar things placed in order or happening one after another
- they were investigating a series of bank robberies
- noun a serialized set of programs
- a comedy series
- the Masterworks concert series
- noun a group of people living in a particular local area
- the team is drawn from all parts of the community
- noun common ownership
- they shared a community of possessions
mangioneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk
nothingness; malarky; idle words; malarkey; wind.
- that's a lot of wind
- don't give me any of that jazz
- noun a genre of popular music that originated in New Orleans around 1900 and developed through increasingly complex styles
- noun Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop
colza; Brassica napus.
- noun the act of despoiling a country in warfare
- noun someone who develops real estate (especially someone who prepares a site for residential or commercial use)
- noun photographic equipment consisting of a chemical solution for developing film
- noun one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc
- noun a book of blank pages with pockets or envelopes; for organizing photographs or stamp collections etc
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- noun the force of policemen and officers
law; police force; constabulary.
- the law came looking for him
- verb maintain the security of by carrying out a patrol
- noun work done by one person or group that benefits another
- budget separately for goods and services
- noun an act of help or assistance
- he did them a service
- noun the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- he didn't want to discuss that subject
- it was a very sensitive topic
- his letters were always on the theme of love
- noun a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work
- it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme
- noun (criminal law) an act punishable by law; usually considered an evil act
offence; criminal offense; law-breaking; offense; criminal offence.
- a long record of crimes
- noun an evil act not necessarily punishable by law
- crimes of the heart
- noun a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
- they drew up a six-step plan
- they discussed plans for a new bond issue
- noun a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
- he proposed an elaborate program of public works
- working mothers rely on the day care program
- noun someone who assists in a plot
partner in crime; henchman; confederate.
- noun someone who collaborates with an enemy occupying force
- noun a judge of a probate court
- noun the expected or commonplace condition or situation
- not out of the ordinary
- noun any very large body of (salt) water
- noun a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
- noun an important question that is in dispute and must be settled
- the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone
- politicians never discuss the real issues
- noun one of a series published periodically
- she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room
- noun benefit
- for your own good
- what's the good of worrying?
- noun moral excellence or admirableness
- there is much good to be found in people
- noun (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball)
- he came all the way around on Williams' hit
- noun the act of contacting one thing with another
- repeated hitting raised a large bruise
- after three misses she finally got a hit
- noun a short musical composition with words
- a successful musical must have at least three good songs
- noun a distinctive or characteristic sound
- the song of bullets was in the air
- the song of the wind
- the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead
- noun someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- noun artist who composes or conducts music as a profession
- noun a melody used to identify a performer or a dance band or radio/tv program
signature tune; signature.
- noun a melody that recurs and comes to represent a musical play or movie
- noun a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
champion; admirer; supporter; friend; booster.
- all their supporters came out for the game
- they are friends of the library
- noun the principal character in a work of fiction
- noun the state of having little or no money and few or no material possessions
- noun outward features
- he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion
- adjective happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface
- the external auditory canal
- external pressures
- noun a person's social heritage: previous experience or training
- he is a lawyer with a sports background
- noun the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground
- he posed her against a background of rolling hills
- noun a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour
- he ran a 4 minute mile
- noun an indefinitely short time
moment; bit; mo; second.
- wait just a moment
- in a mo
- it only takes a minute
- in just a bit
- noun the provincial capital and largest city in Ontario (and the largest city in Canada)
- noun broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
telecasting; TV; video.
- she is a star of screen and video
- Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
- noun a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
- noun British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa; made a fortune in gold and diamond mining; helped colonize the territory now known as Zimbabwe; he endowed annual fellowships for British Commonwealth and United States students to study at Oxford University (1853-1902)
Cecil Rhodes; Cecil John Rhodes; Cecil J. Rhodes.
- noun a Greek island in the southeast Aegean Sea 10 miles off the Turkish coast; the largest of the Dodecanese; it was colonized before 1000 BC by Dorians from Argos; site of the Colossus of Rhodes
blockbustingSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun informal terms for a meal
eats; grub; chow.
- noun the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
- noun a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage
dramatic play; play.
- he wrote several plays but only one was produced on Broadway
- noun an episode that is turbulent or highly emotional
- noun any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command
- an officer is responsible for the lives of his men
- noun someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust
- he is an officer of the court
- the club elected its officers for the coming year
mccannSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!