protectively : Related Words Words similar in meaning to protectively
- noun a feeling of concern for the welfare of someone (especially someone defenseless)
- adjective intended or adapted to afford protection of some kind
- a protective covering
- the use of protective masks and equipment
- protective coatings
- kept the drunken sailor in protective custody
- animals with protective coloring
- protective tariffs
- adjective satellite showing care
- a protective mother
- noun warm compassionate feelings
- noun a feeling of protective affection
- noun the quality of providing protection
- statistical evidence for the protectiveness of vaccination
- adverb in a protective manner
- he bent protectively over the woman
- noun a tendency to express warm and affectionate feeling
- noun a pain that is felt (as when the area is touched)
- the best results are generally obtained by inserting the needle into the point of maximum tenderness
- after taking a cold, rawness of the larynx and trachea come on
- adjective satellite given to or marked by sentiment or sentimentality
- adjective satellite effusively or insincerely emotional
schmalzy; bathetic; mushy; soppy; kitschy; hokey; slushy; soupy; maudlin; schmaltzy; mawkish; drippy.
- a bathetic novel
- maudlin expressions of sympathy
- mushy effusiveness
- a schmaltzy song
- sentimental soap operas
- slushy poetry
- noun something that can be used as an official medium of payment
legal tender; stamp.
- noun someone who waits on or tends to or attends to the needs of another
- verb soften, make mellow
- Age and experience mellowed him over the years
- verb become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial
mellow out; melt.
- With age, he mellowed
- adjective yielding readily to pressure or weight
- adjective compassionate and kind; conciliatory
- he was soft on his children
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!