playa : Related Words Words similar in meaning to playa
- dry lake
- natural thing
- flat area
- salt pan
- playas canton
- plural playas
- alkali flat
- castellón f
- playa zipolite
- petregan playa
- pilot valley playa
- playa vicente
- american r trio
- playa del inglés
- willcox playa
- playas de rosarito
- racetrack playa
- nabta playa
- southwest u
- desert basin
- playa blanca
- nubian desert
- temporary lake
- populated places
- beach community
- playa del carmen
- playa del rey
- black rock desert
- la américas
- indoor football
- indoor soccer
- quintana roo
- death valley
- netherlands antilles
- local language
- baja california
- canary island
- administrative center
- capital city
- puerto rico
- new mexico
- los angeles
rooSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective located, suited for, or taking place within a building
- indoor activities for a rainy day
- an indoor pool
- adjective satellite within doors
- an indoor setting
- noun someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police
sneaker; stool pigeon; sneak; stoolpigeon; fink; stoolie; snitch; snitcher.
- noun a female singer
- noun a state in the southwestern United States
Silver State; Battle Born State; NV; Sagebrush State.
- noun study of the earth's surface; includes people's responses to topography and climate and soil and vegetation
- noun the event of dying or departure from life
- her death came as a terrible shock
- upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren
- noun the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
- the animal died a painful death
- noun round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games
- the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve
- the mayor threw out the first ball
- the ball rolled into the corner pocket
- noun a solid projectile that is shot by a musket
- they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball
- noun a white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily; occurs in rare earth minerals and is usually classified as a rare earth
atomic number 57; lanthanum.
- noun a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
Louisiana; Pelican State.
- noun a body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land
- noun a purplish red pigment prepared from lac or cochineal
- noun law intended to eradicate organized crime by establishing strong sanctions and forfeiture provisions
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act; RICO Act; anti-racketeering law.
- noun the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
- noun total absence of light
lightlessness; pitch blackness; blackness; total darkness.
- they fumbled around in total darkness
- in the black of night
- noun a self-governing commonwealth associated with the United States occupying the island of Puerto Rico
PR; Porto Rico; Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- noun the smallest and easternmost of the Greater Antilles in the Caribbean
puertoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a football game in which two teams of 11 players try to kick or head a ball into the opponents' goal
- adjective of or relating to or responsible for administration
- noun the compass point midway between south and west; at 225 degrees
southwestward; sou'-west; SW.
- noun the southwestern region of the United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, California, and sometimes Utah and Colorado
southwestern United States.
- noun a communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba
Republic of Cuba.
- noun the largest island in the West Indies
- noun a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
Diamond State; Delaware; First State.
- noun a state in the western United States; settled in 1847 by Mormons led by Brigham Young
UT; Mormon State; Beehive State.
- noun an unofficial association of people or groups
circle; set; lot.
- the smart set goes there
- they were an angry lot
- noun instrumentalists not including string players
- noun a place of business for retailing goods
mercantile establishment; sales outlet; retail store.
- noun receptacle providing a place in a wiring system where current can be taken to run electrical devices
electrical outlet; electric outlet; wall plug; electric receptacle; wall socket.
- noun a desert in northwestern Nevada
- noun a constitutional monarchy in western Europe on the North Sea; half the country lies below sea level
Holland; Nederland; Kingdom of The Netherlands; The Netherlands.
kralendijkSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a Spanish island in the Atlantic off the northwestern coast of Africa; the largest of the Canary Islands
- noun any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water
- bases include oxides and hydroxides of metals and ammonia
- noun a mixture of soluble salts found in arid soils and some bodies of water; detrimental to agriculture
- noun a city of southeastern Mexico
Oaxaca de Juarez.
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- that mountain is solid rock
- stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries
- noun a popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles
- noun a desert area that is part of the Mojave Desert in eastern California and southwestern Nevada; contains the lowest point in North America
- noun a major Mexican port on the Gulf of Mexico in the state of Veracruz
reySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
quintanaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a mountainous peninsula on northwest Mexico
nabtaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun assets available for use in the production of further assets
- noun wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value
- noun a group of islands in the Lesser Antilles just to the north of Venezuela that are administered by The Netherlands
- adjective not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered
- a new law
- new cars
- a new comet
- a new friend
- a new year
- the New World
- adjective satellite original and of a kind not seen before
- the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem
- noun the form of a word that is used to denote more than one
- adjective composed of more than one member, set, or kind
castellónSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a state in southwestern United States; site of the Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon State; AZ.
- noun glossy snake
- noun a cooperative unit (especially in sports)
- noun two or more draft animals that work together to pull something
- noun binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- noun the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)
body of water.
- they invaded our territorial waters
- they were sitting by the water's edge
- noun a state in the western United States on the Pacific; the 3rd largest state; known for earthquakes
CA; Calif.; Golden State.
- noun a state in southwestern United States on the Mexican border
Land of Enchantment; NM.
- noun a Spanish-speaking quarter in a town or city (especially in the United States)
- noun an urban area in a Spanish-speaking country
- noun a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
- verb remove the moisture from and make dry
- dry clothes
- dry hair
- noun a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols
- he taught foreign languages
- the language introduced is standard throughout the text
- the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- noun (language) communication by word of mouth
oral communication; spoken language; voice communication; speech communication; speech; spoken communication.
- his speech was garbled
- he uttered harsh language
- he recorded the spoken language of the streets
- noun a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- noun a zone or area resembling an island
petreganSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun spiritual being attendant upon God
- noun person of exceptional holiness
holy person; saint; holy man.
- noun a special situation
- this thing has got to end
- it is a remarkable thing
- noun an action
- how could you do such a thing?
- noun plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe
- noun (technology) a process that acts to absorb or remove energy or a substance from a system
- the ocean is a sink for carbon dioxide
- noun an urban district having corporate status and powers of self-government
- noun people living in a town or city having local self-government
- noun a group of people living in a particular local area
- the team is drawn from all parts of the community
- noun common ownership
- they shared a community of possessions
lanzaroteSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a group of islands in the West Indies
vicenteSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts
metropolis; urban center.
- Ancient Troy was a great city
- noun an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- the city raised the tax rate
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
the States; U.S.A.; U.S.; United States; US; United States of America; America.
- noun the army of the United States of America; the agency that organizes and trains soldiers for land warfare
Army; U. S. Army; United States Army; US Army.
- noun a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
- it was a mountainous area
- Bible country
- noun a subject of study
- it was his area of specialization
- areas of interest include...
- adjective satellite furnished with inhabitants
- the area is well populated
- forests populated with all kinds of wild life
- verb inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of
dwell; live; inhabit; populate.
- People lived in Africa millions of years ago
- The people inhabited the islands that are now deserted
- this kind of fish dwells near the bottom of the ocean
- deer are populating the woods
- noun an informal form of address for a man
- Say, fellow, what are you doing?
- Hey buster, what's up?
- noun a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
gallant; dandy; clotheshorse; fop; beau; swell; sheik; fashion plate.
- noun a man who is effeminate in his manner and fussy in the way he dresses
- noun someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)
pander; procurer; pimp; fancy man; pandar; panderer.
- noun a Mexican state on the eastern side of the Yucatan Peninsula
- noun a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids
- she mixed the dough in a large basin
- noun the quantity that a basin will hold
- a basinful of water
- noun a long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river
- noun a republic in northwestern South America; became independent from Spain in 1822; the landscape is dominated by the Andes
Republic of Ecuador.
- noun a level tract of land
- the salt flats of Utah
- noun a shallow box in which seedlings are started
- noun a low plain adjacent to a river that is formed chiefly of river sediment and is subject to flooding
- noun an arid sandstone plateau in northeastern Sudan between the Nile and the Red Sea
bajaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
américasSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
inglésSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
- noun a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
- noun a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot; topographic point.
- this is a nice place for a picnic
- a bright spot on a planet
- noun any area set aside for a particular purpose
- who owns this place?
- the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
- noun a degree on the Fahrenheit scale of temperature
- noun a nonmetallic univalent element belonging to the halogens; usually a yellow irritating toxic flammable gas; a powerful oxidizing agent; recovered from fluorite or cryolite or fluorapatite
atomic number 9; fluorine.
- noun public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
- the local seemed to take forever to get to New York
- noun anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
local anaesthetic; topical anesthetic; local anesthetic; topical anaesthetic.
- noun a unit of radiation exposure; the dose of ionizing radiation that will produce 1 electrostatic unit of electricity in 1 cc of dry air
- noun (physics) the universal constant in the gas equation: pressure times volume = R times temperature; equal to 8.3143 joules per kelvin per mole
universal gas constant; gas constant.
- noun a particular instance of buying or selling
business deal; trade.
- it was a package deal
- I had no further trade with him
- he's a master of the business deal
- noun an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each
- he made a bargain with the devil
- he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals
rosaritoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
deuce-ace; triplet; tercet; tierce; troika; three; trey; 3; ternion; trine; ternary; triad; threesome; leash; III; trinity; terzetto.
- noun a musical composition for three performers
- noun a republic in southern North America; became independent from Spain in 1810
United Mexican States.
- noun the piece of land on which something is located (or is to be located)
- a good site for the school
- noun physical position in relation to the surroundings
- the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides
- noun a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- noun someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
blancaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a small administrative division of a country
- noun a city on the Zhu Jiang delta in southern China; the capital of Guangdong province and a major deep-water port
Kwangchow; Guangzhou; Kuangchou.
- adjective not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied
- today isn't any other day"- the White Queen
- the construction of highways and other public works
- he asked for other employment
- any other person would tell the truth
- his other books are still in storage
- then we looked at the other house
- hearing was good in his other ear
- the other sex
- she lived on the other side of the street from me
- went in the other direction
- adjective satellite recently past
- the other evening
- noun an area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake
- verb land on a beach
- the ship beached near the port
- noun cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel
- noun (Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks; represented as a man with goat's legs and horns and ears; identified with Roman Sylvanus or Faunus
sabkhaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis
temporary worker; temp.
- adjective not permanent; not lasting
- politics is an impermanent factor of life"- James Thurber
- impermanent palm cottages
- a temperary arrangement
- temporary housing
willcoxSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- noun the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- noun arid land with little or no vegetation
- verb leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch
abandon; desolate; forsake.
- The mother deserted her children
- noun an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
- there were two women and six men on the bus
- noun someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force
military man; serviceman; military personnel.
- two men stood sentry duty
Young Frank Clavering stole his father's Havannahs, and . . . smoked them in the stable. Thackeray.
- noun someone regarded as certain to succeed
- he's a natural for the job
- noun a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- noun an area that is approximately central within some larger region
heart; middle; eye; centre.
- it is in the center of town
- they ran forward into the heart of the struggle
- they were in the eye of the storm
- noun the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
centerfield; center field.
- he hit the ball to deep center
- noun a course over which races are run
track; racecourse; raceway.
- noun a base containing nitrogen that is found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine
- noun a heavy toxic silvery-white radioactive metallic element; occurs in many isotopes; used for nuclear fuels and nuclear weapons
uranium; atomic number 92.
- noun a city in southern California; motion picture capital of the world; most populous city of California and second largest in the United States
City of the Angels.
zipoliteSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a Mexican city just to the south of San Diego on the Lower California peninsula; popular among American tourists for racetracks and bullfights
- noun a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal)
- noun white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
common salt; table salt.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!