metadata : Related Words Words similar in meaning to metadata
- cultural object
- business metadata
- data warehouse
- sidecar file
- process metadata
- meta -
- metadata registry
- structural metadata
- technical metadata
- information retrieval
- administrative metadata
- full take
- enterprise architecture model
- web page
- dublin core
- clearing house
- metadata schema
- access time
- descriptive metadata
- meta tag
- search engine
- cultural documentarians
- digital audio file
- metadata standard
- metacontent statement
- preservation metadata
- dw / bi system
- data element
- digital audio format
- data virtualization
- iso / iec
- master data
- library catalogue
- right management metadata
- structural metadata commonality
- museum database
- shutter speed
- file size
- metadata content
- digital information system
- video content
- collection management system
- digital image
- metadata structure
- meta element
- museum context
- resource discovery
- data collection
- metadata repository
- metadata element
- museum community
- statistical agency
- sql standard
- data content
- cloud application
- video server
- descriptive information
- data dictionary
- broadcast industry
- computer database
- separate file
- web search
- long form
- electronic document
- sensitive data
- key word
- iso standard
- digital content
- relational database
- raw data
- accounting data
- making known
Sorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
- he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod
- noun small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- noun an additional (usually a second) count; especially of the votes in a close election
- verb narrate or give a detailed account of
recite; tell; narrate.
- Tell what happened
- The father told a story to his child
- noun the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining
- a remarkable show of skill
- noun something intended to communicate a particular impression
- made a display of strength
- a show of impatience
- a good show of looking interested
documentariansSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the grammatical arrangement of words in sentences
sentence structure; phrase structure.
- noun a systematic orderly arrangement
microformatsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a distinct feature or element in a problem
- he studied every facet of the question
- noun a characteristic to be considered
keywordsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun distance travelled per unit time
- noun a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens
- the project advanced with gratifying speed
- noun the right to enter
admission; entree; accession; admittance.
- noun the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- noun a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed
- he planted a field of wheat
- noun a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
battlefield; battleground; field of battle; field of honor.
- they made a tour of Civil War battlefields
metainformationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a geometric element that has position but no extension
- a point is defined by its coordinates
- noun the precise location of something; a spatially limited location
- she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
origin; root; beginning; rootage.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun a document (or organization) from which information is obtained
- the reporter had two sources for the story
- noun an actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech
- noun evidence that helps to solve a problem
- noun a database in which relations between information items are explicitly specified as accessible attributes
- in a relational database the data are organized as a number of differently sized tables
- noun a person whose occupation is to serve at table (as in a restaurant)
- noun (court games) the player who serves to start a point
- adjective of or relating to or responsible for administration
- noun the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
return; yield; takings; issue; proceeds; payoff.
- the average return was about 5%
- noun the act of photographing a scene or part of a scene without interruption
- adjective serving to describe or inform or characterized by description
- the descriptive variable
- a descriptive passage
- adjective describing the structure of a language
- descriptive grammar
- noun the organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing)
data formatting; formatting; data format.
- noun the general appearance of a publication
- adjective of or relating to the arts and manners that a group favors
- cultural events
- a person of broad cultural interests
- adjective satellite denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of living built up by a group of people
- influenced by ethnic and cultural ties"- J.F.Kennedy
- ethnic food
- noun the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
- noun the condition of being (well or ill) preserved
- noun a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
written report; study.
- this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale
- noun the act of informing by verbal report
- he heard reports that they were causing trouble
- by all accounts they were a happy couple
- adjective relating to or caused by structure, especially political or economic structure
- structural unemployment in a technological society
- adjective relating to or having or characterized by structure
- structural engineer
- structural errors
- structural simplicity
- noun available source of wealth; a new or reserve supply that can be drawn upon when needed
- noun a source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed
- the local library is a valuable resource
nisoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the condition in which a standard has been successfully established
- standardization of nuts and bolts had saved industry millions of dollars
- noun the imposition of standards or regulations
normalization; normalisation; standardisation.
- a committee was appointed to recommend terminological standardization
- noun data about data
- a library catalog is metadata because it describes publications
microformatSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane
- verb provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
attest; certify; demonstrate; evidence.
- His high fever attested to his illness
- The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication
- This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness
- noun a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
depository; deposit; depositary.
- noun a person to whom a secret is entrusted
- adjective tending to increase knowledge or dissipate ignorance
- an enlightening glimpse of government in action
- an illuminating lecture
- adjective serving to instruct or enlighten or inform
- noun an architectural product or work
- noun the discipline dealing with the principles of design and construction and ornamentation of fine buildings
- architecture and eloquence are mixed arts whose end is sometimes beauty and sometimes use
- noun the act of discovering something
- noun something that is discovered
- noun one side of one leaf (of a book or magazine or newspaper or letter etc.) or the written or pictorial matter it contains
- noun English industrialist who pioneered in the design and manufacture of aircraft (1885-1962)
Sir Frederick Handley Page.
- noun a particular environment or walk of life
arena; sphere; area; orbit; field.
- his social sphere is limited
- it was a closed area of employment
- he's out of my orbit
- noun territory over which rule or control is exercised
- his domain extended into Europe
- he made it the law of the land
- noun an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature; it is something that nobody can take away"
- they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
- Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"- Eleanor Roosevelt
- a right is not something that somebody gives you
- noun location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east
- he stood on the right
- noun the products of human creativity; works of art collectively
- an art exhibition
- a fine collection of art
- noun the creation of beautiful or significant things
artistic creation; artistic production.
- art does not need to be innovative to be good
- I was never any good at art
- he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully
- noun any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
human being; homo; man.
- adjective characteristic of humanity
- human nature
- noun a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families
- he has a house on Cape Cod
- she felt she had to get out of the house
- noun the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
firm; business firm.
- he worked for a brokerage house
- noun the human act of creating
- noun an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
- noun a room where books are kept
- they had brandy in the library
- noun a collection of literary documents or records kept for reference or borrowing
- noun a machine for performing calculations automatically
data processor; computing machine; information processing system; computing device; electronic computer.
- noun an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
calculator; estimator; figurer; reckoner.
- noun the visible part of a television transmission
- they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone
- noun a recording of both the visual and audible components (especially one containing a recording of a movie or television program)
virtualizationSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
measuring; mensuration; measure.
- the measurements were carefully done
- his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate
- noun a person who supplies information
- noun someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- noun someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- noun a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind)
viewer; looker; spectator; watcher.
- the spectators applauded the performance
- television viewers
- sky watchers discovered a new star
- noun the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- he didn't want to discuss that subject
- it was a very sensitive topic
- his letters were always on the theme of love
- noun something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
content; depicted object.
- a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject
- noun a mechanical device on a camera that opens and closes to control the time of a photographic exposure
- noun a hinged blind for a window
- noun a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it
business organisation; business concern; business organization; concern.
- he bought his brother's business
- a small mom-and-pop business
- a racially integrated business concern
- noun the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects
commercial enterprise; business enterprise.
- computers are now widely used in business
- noun a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- noun the act of freeing from suspicion
- noun a person who makes use of a thing; someone who uses or employs something
- noun a person who uses something or someone selfishly or unethically
- noun a person in charge of collecting and cataloguing archives
- noun a brief description given for purposes of identification
- the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture
- noun trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
- the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent
- noun everything that is included in a collection and that is held or included in something
- he emptied the contents of his pockets
- the two groups were similar in content
- noun what a communication that is about something is about
message; substance; subject matter.
- noun someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- noun a complete list of things; usually arranged systematically
- it does not pretend to be a catalog of his achievements
- noun a book or pamphlet containing an enumeration of things
- he found it in the Sears catalog
- noun a speech act that conveys information
- noun a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- adjective satellite having a relation or being related
- noun the physical magnitude of something (how big it is)
- a wolf is about the size of a large dog
- noun the property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing)
- he wears a size 13 shoe
- noun ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation
plan of attack; attack.
- his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons
- an attack on inflation
- his plan of attack was misguided
- noun the act of drawing spatially closer to something
- the hunter's approach scattered the geese
- noun an enumeration of all the resources of a library
- noun a small group of indispensable persons or things
core group; nucleus.
- five periodicals make up the core of their publishing program
- noun the center of an object
- the ball has a titanium core
- noun the time when the Moon is fully illuminated
full moon; full-of-the-moon; full phase of the moon.
- the moon is at the full
- verb beat for the purpose of cleaning and thickening
- full the cloth
- noun a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them
- noun an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving
- the trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn
- noun an intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
metadatumSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated
measure; criterion; touchstone.
- the schools comply with federal standards
- they set the measure for all subsequent work
- noun the ideal in terms of which something can be judged
- they live by the standards of their community
- noun metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated
- noun something crucial for explaining
- the key to development is economic integration
- noun the quality of being composed of relatively large particles
triplestoreSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb impart skills or knowledge to
- I taught them French
- He instructed me in building a boat
- noun an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718)
Thatch; Edward Teach; Edward Thatch; Blackbeard.
- noun (computer science) the interval between the time data is requested by the system and the time the data is provided by the drive
- access time is the sum of seek time and rotational latency and command processing overhead
- noun the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- noun an investigation seeking answers
- a thorough search of the ledgers revealed nothing
- the outcome justified the search
- noun a pickup truck with a gun mounted on it
- noun (basketball) a foul that can be assessed on a player or a coach or a team for unsportsmanlike conduct; does not usually involve physical contact during play
- noun the people or companies engaged in a particular kind of commercial enterprise
- each industry has its own trade publications
- noun the organized action of making of goods and services for sale
- American industry is making increased use of computers to control production
- noun capital and largest city and major port of the Irish Republic
capital of Ireland; Irish capital.
- noun to furnish incriminating evidence to an officer of the law (usually in return for favors)
- noun a speech act that conveys information
- noun someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead
- he consulted several mediums
- adjective responsive to physical stimuli
- a mimosa's leaves are sensitive to touch
- a sensitive voltmeter
- sensitive skin
- sensitive to light
- noun (computer science) a database that can be accessed by computers
on-line database; electronic information service; electronic database.
isoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation
linguistic context; context of use.
- noun the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event
- the historical context
- noun a document connected to the World Wide Web and viewable by anyone connected to the internet who has a web browser
- noun an official written record of names or events or transactions
kimballSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an iconic mental representation
- her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate
- noun (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world
- a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty
sqlSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a group of people living in a particular local area
- the team is drawn from all parts of the community
- noun common ownership
- they shared a community of possessions
- noun a computer program that retrieves documents or files or data from a database or from a computer network (especially from the internet)
- noun a set of data arranged in rows and columns
- see table 1
- noun a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs
- it was a sturdy table
- adjective of or relating to electronics; concerned with or using devices that operate on principles governing the behavior of electrons
- electronic devices
- adjective of or concerned with electrons
- electronic energy
- noun any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible
- noun a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude
- noun sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
sorrow; ruefulness; rue.
- he drank to drown his sorrows
- he wrote a note expressing his regret
- to his rue, the error cost him the game
- verb feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
- noun the act of managing something
- he was given overall management of the program
- is the direction of the economy a function of government?
- noun those in charge of running a business
- noun a depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value
- noun instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
- he bought a new stereo system
- the system consists of a motor and a small computer
- noun a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
- a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going
- verb desire strongly or persistently
- adjective primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified
- a long life
- a long boring speech
- a long time
- a long friendship
- a long game
- long ago
- an hour long
- noun an artist of consummate skill
- a master of the violin
- one of the old masters
- noun a person who has general authority over others
- noun a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
- according to his statement he was in London on that day
- noun a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
- it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true
- noun an instance or single occasion for some event
- this time he succeeded
- he called four times
- he could do ten at a clip
- noun a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- take time to smell the roses
- I didn't have time to finish
- it took more than half my time
wavSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
- verb express in words
- He said that he wanted to marry her
- tell me what is bothering you
- state your opinion
- state your name
- noun a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer; according to legend an Austrian governor compelled him to shoot an apple from his son's head with his crossbow (which he did successfully without mishap)
- noun an internal representation of the world; an organization of concepts and actions that can be revised by new information about the world
- noun a schematic or preliminary plan
- noun motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- noun something used to achieve a purpose
- an engine of change
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun an implement used in the practice of a vocation
- noun the means whereby some act is accomplished
- my greed was the instrument of my destruction
- science has given us new tools to fight disease
- noun message that is transmitted by radio or television
- noun a radio or television show
- did you see his program last night?
hashtagSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective apprehended with certainty
- a known quantity
- the limits of the known world
- a musician known throughout the world
- a known criminal
- verb be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
know; cognize; cognise.
- I know that the President lied to the people
- I want to know who is winning the game!
- I know it's time
- noun an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- noun an establishment consisting of a building or complex of buildings where an organization for the promotion of some cause is situated
- noun the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
- that is enough for the present
- he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow
- noun something presented as a gift
- his tie was a present from his wife
- noun (military) a person who freely enlists for service
military volunteer; voluntary.
- noun a person who performs voluntary work
- noun a message received and understood
- noun a record or narrative description of past events
story; chronicle; history.
- a history of France
- he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president
- the story of exposure to lead
- noun a short account of the news
report; story; news report; write up.
- the report of his speech
- the story was on the 11 o'clock news
- the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious
- noun a class composed of persons lacking clerical or noble rank
- noun sharing of common attributes
- noun a unit of language that native speakers can identify
- words are the blocks from which sentences are made
- he hardly said ten words all morning
- noun a brief statement
- he didn't say a word about it
ipdirectorSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
metacontentSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a word that is used as a pattern to decode an encrypted message
- noun a significant word used in indexing or cataloging
metaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the act that results in something coming to be
- the devising of plans
- the fashioning of pots and pans
- the making of measurements
- it was already in the making
- noun an attribute that must be met or complied with and that fits a person for something
- her qualifications for the job are excellent
- one of the qualifications for admission is an academic degree
- she has the makings of fine musician
- noun narrow-leaved green herbage: grown as lawns; used as pasture for grazing animals; cut and dried as hay
- noun German writer of novels and poetry and plays (born 1927)
Gunter Grass; Gunter Wilhelm Grass.
- noun a word printed at the top of the page of a dictionary or other reference book to indicate the first or last item on that page
catchword; guide word.
- noun a cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken)
- the audience could hear his prompting
- noun (computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command
- noun a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
- the procedure of obtaining a driver's license
- it was a process of trial and error
- noun (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents
operation; cognitive process; mental process; cognitive operation.
- the process of thinking
- the cognitive operation of remembering
- noun unanalyzed data; data not yet subjected to analysis
- noun your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief
- the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling
- noun an indication that makes something evident
- his trembling was evidence of his fear
- noun informal terms for nakedness
birthday suit; altogether.
- in the raw
- in the altogether
- in his birthday suit
- adjective satellite (used especially of commodities) being unprocessed or manufactured using only simple or minimal processes
- natural yogurt
- natural produce
- raw wool
- raw sugar
- bales of rude cotton
- noun any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse
- noun someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike
strikebreaker; scab; blackleg.
- noun a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- noun a label associated with something for the purpose of identification
- semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word
- noun a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- noun a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
Indian file; single file.
- noun a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes
- he was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions
- noun a system that provides quantitative information about finances
- noun an abstract part of something
ingredient; constituent; factor; component.
- jealousy was a component of his character
- two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
- the grammatical elements of a sentence
- a key factor in her success
- humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
- noun an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
- spare components for cars
- a component or constituent element of a system
- noun obscene terms for feces
poop; crap; dirt; shite; turd.
- noun obscene words for unacceptable behavior
crap; horseshit; Irish bull; dogshit; bull; bullshit.
- I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk
- what he said was mostly bull
- noun a message received and understood
- noun knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction
- noun an administrative unit of government
office; authority; bureau; federal agency; government agency.
- the Central Intelligence Agency
- the Census Bureau
- Office of Management and Budget
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- noun a business that serves other businesses
- noun the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose
- he advocated the application of statistics to the problem
- a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis
- noun a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school
- December 31 is the deadline for applications
- noun a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together)
- I am reading a good book on economics
- noun physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together
- he used a large book as a doorstop
- noun a cocktail made of orange liqueur with lemon juice and brandy
- noun conveyance consisting of a small carrier attached to the side of a motorcycle
- noun an informer or spy working for the police
- noun a lawman concerned with narcotics violations
narcotics agent; narc.
- adjective displaying numbers rather than scale positions
- digital clock
- digital readout
- adjective relating to or performed with the fingers
- digital examination
- noun a storehouse for goods and merchandise
- verb store in a warehouse
- noun writing that provides information (especially information of an official nature)
written document; papers.
- noun anything serving as a representation of a person's thinking by means of symbolic marks
- noun all the data (ledgers and journals and spreadsheets) that support a financial statement; can be hard copy or machine readable
- noun a statement that represents something in words
- noun the act of describing something
- noun a listing of the words used in some enterprise
- noun a language user's knowledge of words
lexicon; mental lexicon.
- noun a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
- noun a garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments
- noun a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow
- it was full of rackets, balls and other objects
- noun the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
aim; objective; target.
- the sole object of her trip was to see her children
- noun news that updates your information
- verb modernize or bring up to date
- We updated the kitchen in the old house
- noun several things grouped together or considered as a whole
assemblage; aggregation; accumulation.
- noun a publication containing a variety of works
- noun a male deer, especially an adult male red deer
- noun adult male deer
- noun an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
aim; intention; design; intent.
- his intent was to provide a new translation
- good intentions are not enough
- it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs
- he made no secret of his designs
- noun what something is used for
function; use; role.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- noun someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police
sneaker; stool pigeon; canary; sneak; stoolpigeon; fink; stoolie; snitcher.
- verb take by theft
cop; knock off; glom; thieve; hook.
- Someone snitched my wallet!
- noun a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
- statistical data
- noun an item of factual information derived from measurement or research
data point; datum.
- noun a comment or instruction (usually added)
- his notes were appended at the end of the article
- he added a short notation to the address on the envelope
- noun the act of adding notes
- noun a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts
- the structure consisted of a series of arches
- she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons
- noun the manner of construction of something and the arrangement of its parts
- artists must study the structure of the human body
- the structure of the benzene molecule
- noun an organized body of related information
- adjective of or relating to statistics
- statistical population
- noun a central collection place where banks exchange checks or drafts; participants maintain an account against which credits or debits are posted
- noun a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
concealment; covert; screen.
- a screen of trees afforded privacy
- under cover of darkness
- the brush provided a covert for game
- the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background
- noun bedding that keeps a person warm in bed
- he pulled the covers over his head and went to sleep
geotagSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
ccoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
superblockSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness)
- he had doubts about the whole enterprise
- noun an organization created for business ventures
- a growing enterprise must have a bold leader
- noun a group of people who work together
- noun an organized structure for arranging or classifying
organisation; system; arrangement.
- he changed the arrangement of the topics
- the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original
- he tried to understand their system of classification
- noun a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
framework; theoretical account.
- the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems
- noun a type of product
- his car was an old model
- noun the audible part of a transmitted signal
- they always raise the audio for commercials
- noun an audible acoustic wave frequency
- noun (computer science) the operation of accessing information from the computer's memory
- noun the cognitive operation of accessing information in memory
- my retrieval of people's names is very poor
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!