knapp : Related Words Words similar in meaning to knapp
- defunct restaurant chain
- chairman whitman knapp
- us knapp
- bill knapp
- knapp creek
- defunct department store chain
- knapp commission
- dunn county
- united state navy destroyer
- pocahontas county
- santa barbara county
- jackson county
- west virginia
- noun the name used to identify the members of a family (as distinguished from each member's given name)
last name; family name; cognomen.
- noun a natural stream of water smaller than a river (and often a tributary of a river)
- the creek dried up every summer
- noun any member of the Creek Confederacy (especially the Muskogee) formerly living in Georgia and Alabama but now chiefly in Oklahoma
- noun a series of things depending on each other as if linked together
- the chain of command
- a complicated concatenation of circumstances
- noun (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
perthshireSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government
- the county has a population of 12,345 people
- noun (United States) the largest administrative district within a state
- the county plans to build a new road
- noun a midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region
Great Lakes State; Wolverine State; MI.
- noun the 3rd largest of the Great Lakes; the largest freshwater lake entirely within the United States borders
- noun a community of people smaller than a town
settlement; small town.
- noun a settlement smaller than a town
- noun a division of the United Kingdom
- adjective characterized by unity; being or joined into a single entity
- presented a united front
- verb act in concert or unite in a common purpose or belief
- noun English film actress who later became a member of British Parliament (born in 1936)
- noun United States singer who began singing with his four brothers and later became a highly successful star during the 1980s (born in 1958)
Michael Joe Jackson; Michael Jackson.
- noun a small fast lightly armored but heavily armed warship
guided missile destroyer.
- noun a person who destroys or ruins or lays waste to
ruiner; uprooter; waster; undoer.
- a destroyer of the environment
- jealousy was his undoer
- uprooters of gravestones
ampfieldSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a local church community
- noun the local subdivision of a diocese committed to one pastor
- noun one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; located on the northern part of the island of Great Britain; famous for bagpipes and plaids and kilts
- noun a county of southern England on the English Channel
- noun British breed of hornless dark-faced domestic sheep
- noun a special group delegated to consider some matter
- a committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours" - Milton Berle
- noun a fee for services rendered based on a percentage of an amount received or collected or agreed to be paid (as distinguished from a salary)
- he works on commission
- noun the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- his state is in the deep south
- noun the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- the current state of knowledge
- his state of health
- in a weak financial state
- noun an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities
- there was a congressional probe into the scandal
- noun the work of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically
- noun the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization
president; chair; chairperson; chairwoman.
- address your remarks to the chairperson
- verb act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university
- She chaired the department for many years
- noun a specialized division of a large organization
- you'll find it in the hardware department
- she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury
- noun the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
- noun lack of integrity or honesty (especially susceptibility to bribery); use of a position of trust for dishonest gain
- noun in a state of progressive putrefaction
putrescence; rottenness; putridness.
- noun a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
- he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod
- noun a supply of something available for future use
- he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars
- noun a tributary of the Mississippi River in Wisconsin
- noun a midwestern state in north central United States
WI; Badger State.
dunnSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an institution created to conduct business
- he only invests in large well-established companies
- he started the company in his garage
- noun small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- noun a state in east central United States
WV; Mountain State.
- noun a state in the western United States on the Pacific; the 3rd largest state; known for earthquakes
CA; Calif.; Golden State.
- noun the legendary patron saint of children; an imaginary being who is thought to bring presents to children at Christmas
Kriss Kringle; Saint Nicholas; St. Nick; Father Christmas; Santa Claus; Saint Nick.
nypdSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a Powhatan woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617)
Matoaka; Rebecca Rolfe.
- adjective satellite no longer in force or use; inactive
- a defunct law
- a defunct organization
- adjective satellite having ceased to exist or live
- the will of a defunct aunt
- a defunct Indian tribe
- noun United States poet who celebrated the greatness of America (1819-1892)
- noun United States frontier missionary who established a post in Oregon where Christianity and schooling and medicine were available to Native Americans (1802-1847)
- noun a building where people go to eat
eating place; eating house; eatery.
knappSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a statute in draft before it becomes law
- they held a public hearing on the bill
- noun an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
- he paid his bill and left
- send me an account of what I owe
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
USA; the States; U.S.A.; U.S.; United States; United States of America; America.
- noun a base containing nitrogen that is found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine
- noun a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot; topographic point.
- this is a nice place for a picnic
- a bright spot on a planet
- noun any area set aside for a particular purpose
- who owns this place?
- the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
- noun the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
due west; W; westward.
- noun the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America
- noun a large and stately mansion
- noun a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- adjective not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied
- today isn't any other day"- the White Queen
- the construction of highways and other public works
- he asked for other employment
- any other person would tell the truth
- his other books are still in storage
- then we looked at the other house
- hearing was good in his other ear
- the other sex
- she lived on the other side of the street from me
- went in the other direction
- adjective satellite recently past
- the other evening
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!