johan : Related Words Words similar in meaning to johan
- johan peninsula
- plastic scale model kit
- dutch pop
- mauritz stiller
- ellesmere island
- swedish film
ellesmereSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
- noun a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
- he wanted some stills for a magazine ad
- noun (poetic) tranquil silence
- the still of the night
- noun an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
dad; dada; papa; pappa; pa; daddy.
- noun a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
tonic; soda pop; soda water; soda.
- in New England they call sodas tonics
mauritzSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
flick; picture; picture show; pic; movie; motion picture; moving-picture show; motion-picture show; moving picture.
- they went to a movie every Saturday night
- the film was shot on location
- noun a medium that disseminates moving pictures
- theater pieces transferred to celluloid
- this story would be good cinema
- film coverage of sporting events
- noun an ordered reference standard
scale of measurement; ordered series; graduated table.
- judging on a scale of 1 to 10
- noun relative magnitude
- they entertained on a grand scale
- noun a person who possesses great material wealth
rich person; wealthy person.
- verb have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
hold; have got.
- She has $1,000 in the bank
- He has got two beautiful daughters
- She holds a Master's degree from Harvard
- noun generic name for certain synthetic or semisynthetic materials that can be molded or extruded into objects or films or filaments or used for making e.g. coatings and adhesives
- noun a card (usually plastic) that assures a seller that the person using it has a satisfactory credit rating and that the issuer will see to it that the seller receives payment for the merchandise delivered
charge plate; charge card; credit card.
- do you take plastic?
Germany is slandered to have sent none to this war [the Crusades] at this first voyage; and that other pilgrims, passing through that country, were mocked by the Dutch, and called fools for their pains. Fuller.
- noun a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
toilet; bathroom; privy; lavatory; can; lav.
- noun youngest son of Henry II; King of England from 1199 to 1216; succeeded to the throne on the death of his brother Richard I; lost his French possessions; in 1215 John was compelled by the barons to sign the Magna Carta (1167-1216)
King John; John Lackland.
- noun a case for containing a set of articles
- noun gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- noun a large mass of land projecting into a body of water
- noun an unofficial association of people or groups
circle; set; lot.
- the smart set goes there
- they were an angry lot
- noun instrumentalists not including string players
- noun (Greek mythology) a maiden seduced by Zeus; when Hera was about to discover them together Zeus turned her into a white heifer
- noun the closest of Jupiter's moons; has active volcanoes
- noun a business engaged in manufacturing some product
manufacturing business; maker.
- noun someone who manufactures something
- noun a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- noun a zone or area resembling an island
- noun a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
framework; theoretical account.
- the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems
- noun a type of product
- his car was an old model
johanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!