hypocenter : Related Words Words similar in meaning to hypocenter
- ground zero
- term hypocenter
- nuclear airburst
- subsurface nuclear explosion
- strain energy
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
root; beginning; rootage; source.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun properties attributable to your ancestry
- he comes from good origins
- noun two words that can be interchanged in a context are said to be synonymous relative to that context
- noun the particular portion of space occupied by something
- he put the lamp back in its place
- noun a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- noun a violent release of energy caused by a chemical or nuclear reaction
- noun the act of exploding or bursting
- the explosion of the firecrackers awoke the children
- the burst of an atom bomb creates enormous radiation aloft
- noun an area that is approximately central within some larger region
heart; middle; eye; centre.
- it is in the center of town
- they ran forward into the heart of the struggle
- they were in the eye of the storm
- noun the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher
centerfield; center field.
- he hit the ball to deep center
- noun a quantity of no importance
cypher; aught; zip; nil; nada; nix; cipher; zilch; goose egg; zippo; nothing; naught; null.
- it looked like nothing I had ever seen before
- reduced to nil all the work we had done
- we racked up a pathetic goose egg
- it was all for naught
- I didn't hear zilch about it
- noun a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
0; nought; cipher; cypher.
- adjective beneath the surface
- subsurface materials of the moon
- noun a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
- he made a bad mistake
- she was quick to point out my errors
- I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults
- noun an imperfection in an object or machine
- a flaw caused the crystal to shatter
- if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer
- noun (physics) a thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs
- energy can take a wide variety of forms
- noun forceful exertion
vigor; vigour; zip.
- he plays tennis with great energy
- he's full of zip
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- that mountain is solid rock
- stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries
- noun the concentration of attention or energy on something
direction; centering; focussing; focal point; focusing.
- the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology
- he had no direction in his life
- noun maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
- in focus
- out of focus
- noun an explosion in the atmosphere
- noun (physics) deformation of a physical body under the action of applied forces
- noun difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension
- she endured the stresses and strains of life
- he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"- R.J.Samuelson
- adjective (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy
- nuclear war
- nuclear weapons
- atomic bombs
- adjective of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of an atom
- nuclear physics
- nuclear fission
- nuclear forces
- noun the target of a projectile (as a bomb or missile)
- noun the site of the World Trade Center before it was destroyed
- noun the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary
- there is a special cleaner for these surfaces
- the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface
- noun the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- they skimmed over the surface of the water
- a brush small enough to clean every dental surface
- the sun has no distinct surface
hypocenterSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a word or expression used for some particular thing
- he learned many medical terms
- noun a limited period of time
- a prison term
- he left school before the end of term
hypocentreSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane of from volcanic activity
seism; temblor; quake.
- noun a disturbance that is extremely disruptive
- selling the company caused an earthquake among the employees
- noun the solid part of the earth's surface
dry land; land; terra firma; earth; solid ground.
- the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land
- the earth shook for several minutes
- he dropped the logs on the ground
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!