for : Related Words Words similar in meaning to for
- fomento obrero revolucionario
- fast oil recovery
- religious nonviolent organization
- revolutionary worker ferment
- new zealand standard research classification
- programming language statement
- grammatical conjunction
- pinto martin international airport
- english language
- oil spill
- iata airport code
- noun a faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Cetus and Phoenix
- noun the act of distributing things into classes or categories of the same type
categorisation; categorization; compartmentalization; compartmentalisation; assortment.
- noun a group of people or things arranged by class or category
obreroSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the framework for a pair of eyeglasses
- noun a single one of a series of still transparent pictures forming a cinema, television or video film
- noun a function word that combines with a noun or pronoun or noun phrase to form a prepositional phrase that can have an adverbial or adjectival relation to some other word
- noun (linguistics) the placing of one linguistic element before another (as placing a modifier before the word it modifies in a sentence or placing an affix before the base to which it is attached)
- noun a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- noun a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
- noun a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- verb transport commercially
- noun a spotted or calico horse or pony
- noun an arrangement of parts or elements
- the outcome depends on the configuration of influences at the time
- noun a configuration of stars as seen from the earth
- noun three-sided tropical American nut with white oily meat and hard brown shell
- noun the largest Latin American country and the largest Portuguese speaking country in the world; located in the central and northeastern part of South America; world's leading coffee exporter
Federative Republic of Brazil; Brasil.
- noun the reestablishing of cordial relations
- noun getting two things to correspond
- the reconciliation of his checkbook and the bank statement
fomentoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a remark that calls attention to something or someone
- she made frequent mention of her promotion
- there was no mention of it
- the speaker made several references to his wife
- noun a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
acknowledgment; mention; citation; credit; cite; quotation.
- the student's essay failed to list several important citations
- the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book
- the article includes mention of similar clinical cases
revolucionarioSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
- adjective satellite concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church
- religious texts
- a member of a religious order
- lords temporal and spiritual
- spiritual leaders
- spiritual songs
optoelectronicsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
- he bought a new stereo system
- the system consists of a motor and a small computer
- noun a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
- a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going
- noun abstaining from food
- verb abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons
- Catholics sometimes fast during Lent
- noun systematic investigation to establish facts
- noun a search for knowledge
- their pottery deserves more research than it has received
- adjective of or pertaining to grammar
- the grammatic structure of a sentence
- grammatical rules
- grammatical gender
- adjective conforming to the rules of grammar or usage accepted by native speakers
- spoke in grammatical sentences
- noun a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
- according to his statement he was in London on that day
- noun a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
- it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true
- noun a state of agitation or turbulent change or development
unrest; tempestuousness; fermentation; agitation.
- the political ferment produced new leadership
- social unrest
- noun a substance capable of bringing about fermentation
- adjective not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered
- a new law
- new cars
- a new comet
- a new friend
- a new year
- the New World
- adjective satellite original and of a kind not seen before
- the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem
- noun a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed
- he planted a field of wheat
- noun a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
battlefield; battleground; field of battle; field of honor.
- they made a tour of Civil War battlefields
- noun a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- noun oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
oil color; oil colour.
- noun an abstract part of something
ingredient; constituent; factor; element.
- jealousy was a component of his character
- two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
- the grammatical elements of a sentence
- a key factor in her success
- humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
- noun something determined in relation to something that includes it
component part; portion; part; constituent.
- he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself
- I read a portion of the manuscript
- the smaller component is hard to reach
- the animal constituent of plankton
- noun (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
- it differs in that respect
- noun paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people)
paying attention; attentiveness; heed.
- his attentiveness to her wishes
- he spends without heed to the consequences
iataSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who works at a specific occupation
- he is a good worker
- noun a member of the working class (not necessarily employed)
- workers of the world--unite!
complementizerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated
measure; criterion; touchstone.
- the schools comply with federal standards
- they set the measure for all subsequent work
- noun the ideal in terms of which something can be judged
- they live by the standards of their community
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- adjective abstaining (on principle) from the use of violence
- adjective satellite achieved without bloodshed
- an unbloody transfer of power
- noun an association of people who share common beliefs or activities
- the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family
- the church welcomed new members into its fellowship
- noun the state of being with someone
company; companionship; society.
- he missed their company
- he enjoyed the society of his friends
- noun the temporal property of two things happening at the same time
concurrence; co-occurrence; coincidence.
- the interval determining the coincidence gate is adjustable
- noun the state of being joined together
colligation; junction; conjugation.
- noun a radical supporter of political or social revolution
subversive; subverter; revolutionist.
- adjective satellite markedly new or introducing radical change
- a revolutionary discovery
- radical political views
- noun a purging medicine; stimulates evacuation of the bowels
aperient; purgative; cathartic.
- noun return to an original state
- the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid
- noun gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
- noun the largest island of Denmark and the site of Copenhagen
- noun a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols
- he taught foreign languages
- the language introduced is standard throughout the text
- the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- noun (language) communication by word of mouth
oral communication; spoken language; voice communication; speech communication; speech; spoken communication.
- his speech was garbled
- he uttered harsh language
- he recorded the spoken language of the streets
- noun liquid that is spilled
- clean up the spills
- noun a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
- noun a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- the science of genetics
- noun ability to produce solutions in some problem domain
- the skill of a well-trained boxer
- the sweet science of pugilism
- noun setting an order and time for planned events
- noun creating a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something
computer programing; computer programming; programing.
- noun an Indo-European language belonging to the West Germanic branch; the official language of Britain and the United States and most of the commonwealth countries
- noun an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
aerodrome; drome; airdrome.
- noun any of various swallows with squarish or slightly forked tail and long pointed wings; migrate around Martinmas
- noun French bishop who is a patron saint of France (died in 397)
- noun a group of people who work together
- noun an organized structure for arranging or classifying
organisation; system; arrangement.
- he changed the arrangement of the topics
- the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original
- he tried to understand their system of classification
- noun fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
eyelet; grommet; grummet; cringle.
- noun anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!