feedthrough : Related Words Words similar in meaning to feedthrough
- feedthrough connection
- printed circuit board
- vehicle pressure hull
- power feedthroughs
- microwave electrical signal
- mechanical feedthroughs
- instrumentation feedthroughs
- improvised feedthrough connection
- feedthrough electrical connection
- considerable pressure difference
- automobile spark plug
- reliable electrical connection
- exterior instrument
- bypass purpose
- instrumentation category
- feedthrough capacitor
- frequency rf
- submersible vehicle
- engine application
- frequency application
- vacuum technology
- spark gap
- electrical connection
- pressure vessel
- spark plug
- fiber optic
- electron microscope
- electrical signal
- combustion chamber
- circuit board
- special type
- noun the strength of an electrical current measured in amperes
- noun power to direct or determine
- under control
- noun a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another
- measures for the control of disease
- they instituted controls over drinking on campus
- noun the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- noun the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
price; monetary value.
- the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver
- he puts a high price on his services
- he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection
- noun magnifier of the image of small objects
- the invention of the microscope led to the discovery of the cell
- noun a component of an ignition system; consists of two shaped electrodes and the space between them
- noun the gap between two high-potential terminals
- noun instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
- he bought a new stereo system
- the system consists of a motor and a small computer
- noun a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
- a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going
- noun an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose
- the device is small enough to wear on your wrist
- a device intended to conserve water
- noun something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect
- noun the smallest possible quantity
- noun the point on a curve where the tangent changes from negative on the left to positive on the right
- adjective satellite having finished or arrived at completion
done; through with.
- certain to make history before he's done
- it's a done deed
- after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up
- almost through with his studies
- adjective satellite (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes
- a through street
- a through bus
- through traffic
- noun the rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts
electromotive force; emf.
- noun the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
electric potential; potential difference; potential; potential drop.
- noun the region that is outside of something
- noun the outer side or surface of something
- noun a tube in which a body fluid circulates
- noun a craft designed for water transportation
- noun the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)
organic structure; physical structure.
- he felt as if his whole body were on fire
- noun a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
- the whole body filed out of the auditorium
- the student body
- administrative body
- noun the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- noun the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems
engineering science; engineering; applied science.
- he had trouble deciding which branch of engineering to study
- noun a structure consisting of an area that has been enclosed for some purpose
- noun the act of enclosing something inside something else
envelopment; inclosure; enclosing.
- noun a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising
- they are having a special on pork chops
- noun a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
- noun a collection of things sharing a common attribute
- there are two classes of detergents
- noun a general concept that marks divisions or coordinations in a conceptual scheme
- noun an artifact (or system of artifacts) that is instrumental in accomplishing some end
- noun the act of providing or using the instruments needed for some implementation
- noun an apparatus intended for use under water
- noun a warship designed to operate under water
- noun a process in which a substance reacts with oxygen to give heat and light
- noun a state of violent disturbance and excitement
- combustion grew until revolt was unavoidable
- noun the degree of hotness or coldness of a body or environment (corresponding to its molecular activity)
- noun the somatic sensation of cold or heat
- noun a device that requires skill for proper use
- noun the means whereby some act is accomplished
- my greed was the instrument of my destruction
- science has given us new tools to fight disease
- noun a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
machine; car; motorcar; auto.
- he needs a car to get to work
- verb travel in an automobile
- adjective satellite done or made using whatever is available
- crossed the river on improvised bridges
- the survivors used jury-rigged fishing gear
- the rock served as a makeshift hammer
- verb perform without preparation
improvise; ad-lib; extemporize; improvize; extemporise.
- he extemporized a speech at the wedding
- noun the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place
- the length of the table was 5 feet
- noun continuance in time
- the ceremony was of short duration
- he complained about the length of time required
- noun a short electromagnetic wave (longer than infrared but shorter than radio waves); used for radar and microwave ovens and for transmitting telephone, facsimile, video and data
- noun kitchen appliance that cooks food by passing an electromagnetic wave through it; heat results from the absorption of energy by the water molecules in the food
- noun possession of controlling influence
- the deterrent power of nuclear weapons
- the power of his love saved her
- his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade
- noun (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
- noun an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored
electrical capacity; capacity.
- noun an electrical device characterized by its capacity to store an electric charge
condenser; capacitor; electrical condenser.
- noun a substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland
releasing factor; releasing hormone.
- noun a radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized
rutherfordium; unnilquadium; Unq; element 104; atomic number 104.
- adjective relating to or concerned with electricity
- an electrical engineer
- electrical and mechanical engineering industries
- adjective using or providing or producing or transmitting or operated by electricity
- electric current
- electric wiring
- electrical appliances
- an electrical storm
- noun a committee having supervisory powers
- the board has seven members
- noun a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- noun a highway that encircles an urban area so that traffic does not have to pass through the center
ringway; ring road; beltway.
- noun a surgically created shunt (usually around a damaged part)
- noun a conveyance that transports people or objects
- noun a medium for the expression or achievement of something
- his editorials provided a vehicle for his political views
- a congregation is a vehicle of group identity
- the play was just a vehicle to display her talents
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
- noun a microscope that is similar in purpose to a light microscope but achieves much greater resolving power by using a parallel beam of electrons to illuminate the object instead of a beam of light
- noun motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- noun something used to achieve a purpose
- an engine of change
- noun a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
circuit card; add-in; board; plug-in; card.
- noun a slender and greatly elongated substance capable of being spun into yarn
- noun coarse, indigestible plant food low in nutrients; its bulk stimulates intestinal peristalsis
- noun the text appearing in a book, newspaper, or other printed publication
- I want to see it in print
- noun a picture or design printed from an engraving
- noun the person who leads a musical group
director; music director.
- noun a substance that readily conducts e.g. electricity and heat
- noun dry outer covering of a fruit or seed or nut
- noun persistent enlarged calyx at base of e.g. a strawberry or raspberry
- noun electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark
plug; sparking plug.
- noun an abstract part of something
ingredient; constituent; factor; element.
- jealousy was a component of his character
- two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
- the grammatical elements of a sentence
- a key factor in her success
- humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
- noun something determined in relation to something that includes it
component part; portion; part; constituent.
- he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself
- I read a portion of the manuscript
- the smaller component is hard to reach
- the animal constituent of plankton
- noun a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures
- gap between income and outgo
- the spread between lending and borrowing costs
- noun an open or empty space in or between things
- there was a small opening between the trees
- the explosion made a gap in the wall
- noun the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit)
pressure level; force per unit area.
- the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure
- noun a force that compels
- the public brought pressure to bear on the government
- noun an elementary particle with negative charge
- noun an electrical device characterized by its capacity to store an electric charge
capacitance; condenser; electrical condenser.
- adjective satellite having a common axis
- noun the absence of matter
- noun an empty area or space
vacancy; void; emptiness.
- the huge desert voids
- the emptiness of outer space
- without their support he'll be ruling in a vacuum
- noun the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose
- he advocated the application of statistics to the problem
- a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis
- noun a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school
- December 31 is the deadline for applications
- noun a momentary flash of light
- noun merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
sparkle; light; twinkle.
- he had a sparkle in his eye
- there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes
- noun the quality of being unlike or dissimilar
- there are many differences between jazz and rock
- noun a variation that deviates from the standard or norm
deviation; divergence; departure.
- the deviation from the mean
- adjective large or relatively large in number or amount or extent or degree
- a considerable quantity
- the economy was a considerable issue in the campaign
- went to considerable trouble for us
- spent a considerable amount of time on the problem
feedthroughSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- noun a wad of something chewable as tobacco
chew; wad; quid; cud; chaw.
feedthroughsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the organ of sight
- adjective of or relating to or resembling the eye
ocular; optical; opthalmic.
- ocular muscles
- an ocular organ
- ocular diseases
- the optic (or optical) axis of the eye
- an ocular spot is a pigmented organ or part believed to be sensitive to light
- noun a quantity of money
amount of money; sum; sum of money.
- he borrowed a large sum
- the amount he had in cash was insufficient
- noun the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion
- an adequate amount of food for four people
- noun any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
- signals from the boat suddenly stopped
- noun any incitement to action
- he awaited the signal to start
- the victory was a signal for wild celebration
- noun a natural or artificial enclosed space
- noun an enclosed volume in the body
- the chambers of his heart were healthy
- noun a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it)
- there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare
- noun the state of being connected
- the connection between church and state is inescapable
- noun the number of occurrences within a given time period
- the frequency of modulation was 40 cycles per second
- the frequency of his seizures increased as he grew older
- noun the ratio of the number of observations in a statistical category to the total number of observations
- noun an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
electrical circuit; electric circuit.
- noun a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area
- they took an extended tour of Europe
- we took a quick circuit of the park
- a ten-day coach circuit of the island
- adjective using (or as if using) mechanisms or tools or devices
- a mechanical process
- his smile was very mechanical
- a mechanical toy
- adjective relating to or concerned with machinery or tools
- mechanical arts
- mechanical design
- mechanical skills
- noun a kind of thermometer consisting of two wires of different metals that are joined at both ends; one junction is at the temperature to be measured and the other is held at a fixed lower temperature; the current generated in the circuit is proportional to the temperature difference
- adjective worthy of reliance or trust
- a reliable source of information
- a dependable worker
- adjective satellite worthy of being depended on
true; dependable; honest.
- a dependable worker
- an honest working stiff
- a reliable sourcSFLe of information
- he was true to his word
- I would be true for there are those who trust me
- noun an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
aim; intention; design; intent.
- his intent was to provide a new translation
- good intentions are not enough
- it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs
- he made no secret of his designs
- noun what something is used for
function; use; role.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!