excrescency : Related Words Words similar in meaning to excrescency
- noun a natural consequence of development
offshoot; branch; offset.
- noun the gradual beginning or coming forth
- figurines presage the emergence of sculpture in Greece
- adjective not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm
- abnormal powers of concentration
- abnormal amounts of rain
- abnormal circumstances
- an abnormal interest in food
- adjective departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development
- they were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal
- an abnormal personality
- noun the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth
- we were surprised by the extravagance of his description
- noun the trait of spending extravagantly
- adjective forming an outgrowth (usually an excessive outgrowth)
- noun something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
protrusion; extrusion; bulge; gibbousness; hump; prominence; bump; swelling; jut; gibbosity; protuberance.
- the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge
- the hump of a camel
- he stood on the rocky prominence
- the occipital protuberance was well developed
- the bony excrescence between its horns
- noun (pathology) an abnormal outgrowth or enlargement of some part of the body
- adjective satellite joyously unrestrained
- adjective satellite unrestrained, especially with regard to feelings
extravagant; overweening; excessive.
- extravagant praise
- exuberant compliments
- overweening ambition
- overweening greed
- adjective satellite unpleasant to look at
- unsightly billboards
- noun an unrestrained expression of emotion
effusion; ebullition; gush; blowup.
- noun a sudden intense happening
- an outburst of heavy rain
- a burst of lightning
- adjective satellite suggesting an unhealthy mental state
- morbid interest in death
- morbid curiosity
- adjective satellite suggesting the horror of death and decay
- morbid details
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!