elliott : Related Words Words similar in meaning to elliott
- noun a member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri
- noun a state in midwestern United States
IA; Hawkeye State.
- noun a Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols; he was persecuted for rebuking Ahab and Jezebel (king and queen of Israel); he was taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire (circa 9th century BC)
- noun British poet (born in the United States) who won the Nobel prize for literature; his plays are outstanding examples of modern verse drama (1888-1965)
T. S. Eliot; Thomas Stearns Eliot.
- noun British writer of novels characterized by realistic analysis of provincial Victorian society (1819-1880)
George Eliot; Mary Ann Evans.
- noun a state of north central United States bordering on Canada
Peace Garden State; ND.
- noun a midwestern state in north-central United States
Land of Lincoln; Prairie State; IL.
- noun a member of the Algonquian people formerly of Illinois and regions to the west
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!