compunctious : Related Words Words similar in meaning to compunctious
compunctiousnessSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a feeling of deep regret (usually for some misdeed)
- adjective feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
- felt regretful over his vanished youth
- regretful over mistakes she had made
- he felt bad about breaking the vase
- adjective satellite bad; unfortunate
distressing; sad; pitiful; lamentable; deplorable.
- my finances were in a deplorable state
- a lamentable decision
- her clothes were in sad shape
- a sorry state of affairs
- noun the state of having committed an offense
- noun remorse caused by feeling responsible for some offense
guilty conscience; guilt feelings; guilt trip.
- noun a unit of apothecary weight equal to 20 grains
- noun uneasiness about the fitness of an action
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!