anders : Related Words Words similar in meaning to anders
- anders svensson
- swedish footballer
- anders sandøe ørsted
- günther anders
- norwegian ski jumper
- danish politician
- danish footballer
- swedish ice hockey player
- country skier
- swedish death metal singer
- norwegian 9geir
- christmas weather
- anders steffen
- anders norman
- anders husmo wiik
- world champion cross
- scandinavian calendar
- danish software engineer
- anders szalkai
- norwegian progress party politician
- greek andreas
- english andrew
- swedish steeplechase runner
- rad dude
- anders langlands
- swedish rock guitarist
- peasant superstition
- andy anders
- freestyle world champion
- ernst anders
- frank l . anders
- fering north frisian
- anders anundsen
- anders al
- anders wijkman
- christian anders
- anders södergren
- anders sunesen
- anders rapp
- anders erikson sparrman
- swedish heavy metal guitarist
- rob anders
- anders linderoth
- anders gärderud
- anders abraham grafström
- swedish canoer
- anders lee
- anders fannemel
- anders eklund
- anders aukland
- swedish professional football player
- anders lindegaard
- anders frandsen
- anders carlsson
- danish archbishop
- anders lange
- anders lindström
- anders breivik
- swedish geographer
- anders holmertz
- anders hejlsberg
- american actress
- anders nilsen
- anders limpar
- peter anders
- german thinker
- andrea anders
- anders holm
- anders hedberg
- german operatic tenor
- norwegian olympic
- anders björler
- william anders
- anders jacobsen
- anders eriksson
- allison anders
- anders fridén
- danish representative
- swedish boxer
- władysław anders
- anders celsius
- swedish naturalist
- merry anders
- swedish astronomer
- anders zorn
- danish botanist
- german cinematographer
- u . s . air force officer
- male name
- statistic sweden
- swedish bandy player
- thomas anders
- anders fogh rasmussen
- austrian singer
- swedish cross
- danish version
- anders järryd
- u . s . army soldier
- swedish painter
- swedish poet
- visual effect supervisor
- scandinavian language
- prime minister
- danish actor
- grand slam title
- marine biologist
- ski jumper
- german singer
- donald duck
- swedish politician
- family name
- american ice hockey player
- impact crater
- multiple people
- german painter
- new york islander
- television director
- ice hockey player
- comedy central
- norwegian politician
- common name
- secretary general
- distance runner
- eurovision song contest
- american writer
- canadian politician
- american film
- noun United States clockmaker who introduced mass production (1785-1859)
- noun United States socialist who was a candidate for president six times (1884-1968)
Norman Mattoon Thomas; Norman Thomas.
- noun (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
- noun a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.)
tutor; private instructor.
erikssonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
frandsenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite relevant and appropriate
- he asks questions that are germane and central to the issue
andernSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
- noun a female actor
- noun (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland
Saint Andrew; Saint Andrew the Apostle; St. Andrew.
- noun partially melted snow (or a mixture of rain and snow)
- verb precipitate as a mixture of rain and snow
- If the temperature rises above freezing, it will probably sleet
- noun a son of your brother or sister
fannemelSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
andersSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a family name derived from name of your father or a paternal ancestor (especially with an affix (such as -son in English or O'- in Irish) added to the name of your father or a paternal ancestor)
- adjective of or derived from a personal or family name
- noun a skier who leaps through the air (especially on a ski jump)
- noun gradual improvement or growth or development
- advancement of knowledge
- great progress in the arts
- noun the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
advance; forward motion; progression; advancement; procession; onward motion.
- noun the striking of one body against another
- noun a forceful consequence; a strong effect
- the book had an important impact on my thinking
- the book packs a wallop
- noun the event of dying or departure from life
- her death came as a terrible shock
- upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren
- noun the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
- the animal died a painful death
- noun obscene terms for penis
shaft; prick; cock; tool; dick; putz; pecker.
- noun disciple of Jesus and leader of the Apostles; regarded by Catholics as the vicar of Christ on earth and first Pope
St. Peter; Saint Peter the Apostle; Saint Peter; Simon Peter; St. Peter the Apostle.
- noun a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with
statute title; rubric.
- Title 8 provided federal help for schools
- noun the name of a work of art or literary composition etc.
- he looked for books with the word `jazz' in the title
- he refused to give titles to his paintings
- I can never remember movie titles
- noun the contestant who wins the contest
- noun a gambler who wins a bet
lindströmSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a bowl-shaped geological formation at the top of a volcano
- noun a faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Hydra and Corvus
wiikSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an interpretation of a matter from a particular viewpoint
- his version of the fight was different from mine
- noun something a little different from others of the same type
edition; variant; variation.
- an experimental version of the night fighter
- a variant of the same word
- an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone
- the boy is a younger edition of his father
- noun an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- noun a game resembling ice hockey that is played on an open field; two opposing teams use curved sticks try to drive a ball into the opponents' net
- noun a game played on an ice rink by two opposing teams of six skaters each who try to knock a flat round puck into the opponents' goal with angled sticks
ice hockey; hockey game.
- noun a Scandinavian kingdom in the eastern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula
Sverige; Kingdom of Sweden.
- noun an athlete who plays American football
hedbergSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun someone who skis
- verb toss or strike a ball back and forth
- verb exchange blows
- noun a short musical composition with words
- a successful musical must have at least three good songs
- noun a distinctive or characteristic sound
- the song of bullets was in the air
- the song of the wind
- the wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead
svenssonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the person who holds the position of head of the government in the United Kingdom
- noun the person who is head of state (in several countries)
- noun broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
telecasting; TV; video.
- she is a star of screen and video
- Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
- noun a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
- noun an unofficial association of people or groups
circle; set; lot.
- the smart set goes there
- they were an angry lot
- noun instrumentalists not including string players
- noun someone who fights with his fists for sport
- noun a workman employed to pack things into containers
- adjective satellite having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something
preoccupied; obsessed; taken up.
- became more and more haunted by the stupid riddle
- was absolutely obsessed with the girl
- got no help from his wife who was preoccupied with the children
- he was taken up in worry for the old woman
- verb follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to
- her ex-boyfriend stalked her
- the ghost of her mother haunted her
- noun an organization to gain political power
- in 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level
- noun a group of people gathered together for pleasure
- she joined the party after dinner
- noun everything that exists anywhere
universe; creation; macrocosm; existence; cosmos.
- they study the evolution of the universe
- the biggest tree in existence
- noun people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest
- the Western world
- noun a person who is a chief administrator (as of the United Nations)
- noun time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
twenty-four hours; mean solar day; twenty-four hour period; solar day; 24-hour interval.
- two days later they left
- they put on two performances every day
- there are 30,000 passengers per day
- noun some point or period in time
- it should arrive any day now
- after that day she never trusted him again
- those were the days
- these days it is not unusual
- noun a number that has no factor but itself and 1
- noun the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
flower; blossom; efflorescence; peak; flush; bloom; heyday.
ørstedSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of opera
- noun a language unit by which a person or thing is known
- his name really is George Washington
- those are two names for the same thing
- noun a person's reputation
- he wanted to protect his good name
anundsenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
breivikSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a constitutional monarchy in northern Europe; consists of the mainland of Jutland and many islands between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea
Kingdom of Denmark; Danmark.
- noun a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
dog; hot dog; wiener; wienerwurst; frankfurter; weenie; hotdog.
- noun a member of the ancient Germanic peoples who spread from the Rhine into the Roman Empire in the 4th century
- noun an advocate of the doctrine that the world can be understood in scientific terms
- noun a biologist knowledgeable about natural history (especially botany and zoology)
- verb take something away by force or without the consent of the owner
- The burglars robbed him of all his money
- verb rip off; ask an unreasonable price
fleece; soak; plume; pluck; hook; overcharge; gazump; surcharge.
langlandsSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
fridénSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
green; park; commons.
- they went for a walk in the park
- adjective belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public
- for the common good
- common lands are set aside for use by all members of a community
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- that mountain is solid rock
- stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries
maskenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
foghSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who is head of an administrative department of government
- noun an assistant who handles correspondence and clerical work for a boss or an organization
- noun an actor who plays villainous roles
- noun a serious (or tragic) role in a play
- noun Swedish astronomer who devised the centigrade thermometer (1701-1744)
- noun a powerful effect or influence
- the force of his eloquence easily persuaded them
- noun (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity
- force equals mass times acceleration
- noun someone paddling a canoe
- noun a person who grows or makes or invents things
- noun terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
Jehovah; God Almighty; Almighty; Lord; Divine; Maker; Godhead.
- noun the name used to identify the members of a family (as distinguished from each member's given name)
last name; cognomen; surname.
- noun a datum that can be represented numerically
- noun a specialist in the branch of biology dealing with animals
- noun a physicist who studies astronomy
- noun the number of occurrences within a given time period
- the frequency of modulation was 40 cycles per second
- the frequency of his seizures increased as he grew older
- noun the ratio of the number of observations in a statistical category to the total number of observations
eurovisionSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (biology) a scientist who studies living organisms
lindegaardSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a system of timekeeping that defines the beginning and length and divisions of the year
- noun a list or register of events (appointments or social events or court cases etc)
- I have you on my calendar for next Monday
güntherSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a botanist who specializes in the study of fungi
- noun a person who represents others
- noun an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
spokesperson; interpreter; voice.
- the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government
sandøeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun water frozen in the solid state
- Americans like ice in their drinks
- noun the frozen part of a body of water
- noun the natural satellite of the Earth
- the average distance to the Moon is 384,400 kilometers
- men first stepped on the moon in 1969
- noun any object resembling a moon
- he made a moon lamp that he used as a night light
- the clock had a moon that showed various phases
sparrmanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a country person
- noun one of a (chiefly European) class of agricultural laborers
carlssonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered
- a new law
- new cars
- a new comet
- a new friend
- a new year
- the New World
- adjective satellite original and of a kind not seen before
- the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem
- noun a legal scholar versed in civil law or the law of nations
- noun a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice
- noun a person who jumps
- as the jumper neared the ground he lost control
- the jumper's parachute opened
- noun an athlete who competes at jumping
- he is one hell of a jumper
- noun an inhabitant of an island
- adjective following the teachings or manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus Christ
- noun a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination
- noun the side of something that is sheltered from the wind
leeward; lee side.
- noun United States filmmaker whose works explore the richness of black culture in America (born in 1957)
Spike Lee; Shelton Jackson Lee.
9geirSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc
- send two dollars or the equivalent in stamps
- noun the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen
combining weight; eq; equivalent weight.
- noun United States photographer remembered for her portraits of rural workers during the Depression (1895-1965)
- noun an irrational belief arising from ignorance or fear
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
- noun an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
- the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly
- noun an artist who creates sculptures
statue maker; carver; sculpturer.
- noun a faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix and Cetus
- noun the English royal house (a branch of the Plantagenet line) that reigned from 1461 to 1485; its emblem was a white rose
House of York.
- adjective satellite full of or showing high-spirited merriment
jocund; gay; mirthful; jolly; jovial.
- when hearts were young and gay
- a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth
- the jolly crowd at the reunion
- jolly old Saint Nick
- a jovial old gentleman
- have a merry Christmas
- peals of merry laughter
- a mirthful laugh
- adjective satellite offering fun and gaiety
festal; gay; festive.
- a festive (or festal) occasion
- gay and exciting night life
- a merry evening
- adjective not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied
- today isn't any other day"- the White Queen
- the construction of highways and other public works
- he asked for other employment
- any other person would tell the truth
- his other books are still in storage
- then we looked at the other house
- hearing was good in his other ear
- the other sex
- she lived on the other side of the street from me
- went in the other direction
- adjective satellite recently past
- the other evening
- noun a soldier who serves both on shipboard and on land
- noun a member of the United States Marine Corps
shipboard soldier; devil dog; leatherneck.
södergrenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
williamSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
telephone exchange; exchange.
- adjective satellite serving as an essential component
cardinal; key; fundamental; primal.
- a cardinal rule
- the central cause of the problem
- an example that was fundamental to the argument
- computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure
- noun an expert on geography
- noun a politically organized body of people under a single government
commonwealth; land; res publica; nation; state; body politic.
- the state has elected a new president
- African nations
- students who had come to the nation's capitol
- the country's largest manufacturer
- an industrialized land
- noun the territory occupied by a nation
- he returned to the land of his birth
- he visited several European countries
- noun a trained athlete who participates in swimming meets
- he was an Olympic swimmer
- noun a person who travels through the water by swimming
- he is not a good swimmer
steffenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command
- an officer is responsible for the lives of his men
- noun someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust
- he is an officer of the court
- the club elected its officers for the coming year
- noun an enlisted man or woman who serves in an army
- the soldiers stood at attention
- noun a wingless sterile ant or termite having a large head and powerful jaws adapted for defending the colony
gärderudSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun painter (born in Germany, resident of France and the United States) who was a cofounder of dadaism; developed the technique of collage (1891-1976)
- noun (astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
- noun someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
mavin; champion; ace; genius; wizard; sensation; virtuoso; maven; adept; whiz; superstar; hotshot; whizz; wiz.
- noun a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
honour; accolade; award; laurels.
- an award for bravery
- noun the state of being honored
- noun narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used in pairs for gliding over snow
- verb move along on skis
- We love to ski the Rockies
- My children don't ski
- noun a game played with rackets by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net that divides the court
- noun a social unit living together
house; household; menage; home.
- he moved his family to Virginia
- It was a good Christian household
- I waited until the whole house was asleep
- the teacher asked how many people made up his home
- noun primary social group; parents and children
- he wanted to have a good job before starting a family
- noun a person who is an authority on history and who studies it and writes about it
- noun the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
atmospheric condition; conditions; weather condition.
- they were hoping for good weather
- every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception
- the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow
- verb face and withstand with courage
brave out; brave; endure.
- She braved the elements
- noun someone who composes music as a profession
- noun small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
- noun (cricket) a score of nothing by a batsman
- noun the name used to identify the members of a family (as distinguished from each member's given name)
last name; family name; cognomen.
- noun a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems
applied scientist; technologist.
- noun the operator of a railway locomotive
locomotive engineer; railroad engineer; engine driver.
andreasSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a permanent organization of the military land forces of a nation or state
ground forces; regular army.
- noun a large number of people united for some specific purpose
wijkmanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a bishop of highest rank
- noun a period of 100 years
- noun ten 10s
one C; 100; hundred; C.
- noun an informal form of address for a man
- Say, fellow, what are you doing?
- Hey buster, what's up?
- noun a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
gallant; dandy; clotheshorse; fop; beau; swell; sheik; fashion plate.
- noun Danish ethnologist and Arctic explorer; led expeditions into the Arctic to find support for his theory that Eskimos and North American Indians originally migrated from Asia (1879-1933)
Kund Johan Victor Rasmussen.
- noun an important intellectual
mind; creative thinker.
- the great minds of the 17th century
- noun someone who exercises the mind (usually in an effort to reach a decision)
- noun (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)
onset; onrush; onslaught.
- the attack began at dawn
- noun an offensive move in a sport or game
- they won the game with a 10-hit attack in the 9th inning
andySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
zornSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
Pelican State; LA.
jacobsenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a person who plays the piano
And Cambel took Cambrina to his fere. Spenser.Chaucer.
- noun light sweet yeast-raised roll usually filled with fruits or cheese
- noun a Scandinavian language that is the official language of Denmark
- noun (computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory
computer software; package; software program; software package; software system.
- the market for software is expected to expand
- noun a fictional duck created in animated film strips by Walt Disney
- noun someone who has won first place in a competition
- noun someone who fights for a cause
hero; paladin; fighter.
- noun a race (as in swimming) in which each contestant has a free choice of the style to use
- noun someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- noun artist who composes or conducts music as a profession
- noun (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland
Saint Andrew; Saint Andrew the Apostle; St. Andrew.
limparSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
linderothSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
andreaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an artist who paints
- noun a worker who is employed to cover objects with paint
sunesenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the property created by the space between two objects or points
- noun a distant region
- I could see it in the distance
szalkaiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
järrydSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a leader engaged in civil administration
- noun a person active in party politics
pol; political leader; politico.
- noun a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols
- he taught foreign languages
- the language introduced is standard throughout the text
- the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- noun (language) communication by word of mouth
oral communication; spoken language; voice communication; speech communication; speech; spoken communication.
- his speech was garbled
- he uttered harsh language
- he recorded the spoken language of the streets
- noun a person authorized to conduct religious worship
curate; pastor; rector; minister of religion; parson.
- clergymen are usually called ministers in Protestant churches
- noun a person appointed to a high office in the government
- Minister of Finance
- noun a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- noun someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- noun a constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula; achieved independence from Sweden in 1905
Norge; Noreg; Kingdom of Norway.
anderssonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
donaldSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- air pollution
- a smell of chemicals in the air
- open a window and let in some air
- I need some fresh air
- noun the region above the ground
- her hand stopped in mid air
- he threw the ball into the air
canoerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- noun the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
- noun the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke
- fire was one of our ancestors' first discoveries
- verb shine with a sudden light
- The night sky flared with the massive bombardment
hejlsbergSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an animal that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes (ova)
- noun a person who belongs to the sex that cannot have babies
- noun an artist who designs and makes prints
- noun a unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material
- noun the unit of plane angle adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to the angle at the center of a circle subtended by an arc equal in length to the radius (approximately 57.295 degrees)
władysławSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun one who supervises or has charge and direction of
- noun a program that controls the execution of other programs
supervisory program; executive program.
- noun a footrace of usually 3000 meters over a closed track with hurdles and a water jump
- noun a horse race over an obstructed course
- noun someone who brews beer or ale from malt and hops and water
- noun the owner or manager of a brewery
- noun someone who imports or exports without paying duties
contrabandist; smuggler; moon curser; moon-curser.
- noun someone who travels on foot by running
- noun clarification that follows from the removal of ambiguity
rappSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite
atomic number 13; aluminium; aluminum.
- noun a state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
Camellia State; Alabama; Heart of Dixie.
- noun a general officer of the highest rank
- noun the head of a religious order or congregation
grafströmSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the adult male singing voice above baritone
- noun the pitch range of the highest male voice
husmoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a biologist specializing in the study of plants
phytologist; plant scientist.
nilsenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- noun a struggle between rivals
- noun someone who perpetrates wrongdoing
- noun a musician who plays the guitar
- noun a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- noun a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- noun a theatrical performer
thespian; player; role player; histrion.
- noun a person who acts and gets things done
- he's a principal actor in this affair
- when you want something done get a doer
- he's a miracle worker
- noun writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay)
- noun a person who is able to write and has written something
- noun a person trained to travel in a spacecraft
- the Russians called their astronauts cosmonauts
- noun a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
flick; picture; picture show; pic; movie; motion picture; moving-picture show; motion-picture show; moving picture.
- they went to a movie every Saturday night
- the film was shot on location
- noun a medium that disseminates moving pictures
- theater pieces transferred to celluloid
- this story would be good cinema
- film coverage of sporting events
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
yard; G; thou; thousand; M; chiliad; one thousand; K; 1000.
- noun a piano with the strings on a horizontal harp-shaped frame; usually supported by three legs
- noun a movable barrier in a fence or wall
- noun a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs
björlerSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun light and humorous drama with a happy ending
- noun a comic incident or series of incidents
funniness; drollery; clowning.
- noun the product of a quantity by an integer
- 36 is a multiple of 9
- adjective having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual
- multiple birth
- multiple ownership
- made multiple copies of the speech
- his multiple achievements in public life
- her multiple personalities
- a pineapple is a multiple fruit
- noun the executive and legislative and judicial branches of the federal government of the United States
United States government; United States; US Government; U.S. government.
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
USA; the States; U.S.A.; United States; US; United States of America; America.
- noun any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- noun the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- noun a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
result; consequence; upshot; outcome; issue; event.
- the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise
- his decision had depressing consequences for business
- he acted very wise after the event
- noun an outward appearance
- he made a good impression
- I wanted to create an impression of success
- she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting
- noun someone who controls resources and expenditures
manager; managing director.
- noun member of a board of directors
eklundSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun person with a compulsive need to work
- noun a photographer who operates a movie camera
cameraman; camera operator.
- noun a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- noun an athlete who plays for pay
- noun a cruciferous plant with a thick bulbous edible yellow root
rutabaga plant; rutabaga; Brassica napus napobrassica; turnip cabbage; Swedish turnip.
- noun a native or inhabitant of Sweden
- noun an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
laurel wreath; decoration; palm; medallion; ribbon.
- noun a person who sings
vocalizer; vocalist; vocaliser.
- noun United States inventor of an improved chain-stitch sewing machine (1811-1875)
Isaac Merrit Singer; Isaac M. Singer.
eriksonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
auklandSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
holmertzSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- noun a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
- brass is an alloy of zinc and copper
- adjective relating to or using sight
ocular; optical; optic.
- ocular inspection
- an optical illusion
- visual powers
- visual navigation
- adjective satellite visible; give me the ocular proof"- Shakespeare
- be sure of it
- a visual presentation
- a visual image
allisonSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
northward; due north; N.
- noun the region of the United States lying to the north of the Mason-Dixon line
- noun a person engaged in commercial or industrial business (especially an owner or executive)
man of affairs.
- noun the first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac; according to Genesis, God promised to give Abraham's family (the Hebrews) the land of Canaan (the Promised Land); God tested Abraham by asking him to sacrifice his son
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam each has a special claim on Abraham
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!