charles frederick worth
noun French couturier (born in England) regarded as the founder of Parisian haute couture; noted for introducing the bustle (1825-1895)
noun a city in northeastern Texas (just to the west of Dallas); a major industrial center
- a fair or full equivalent for the money which is paid.
Not worth a cress, ∨ "not worth a kers."
- a common old proverb, now turned into the meaningless "not worth a curse."
Not worth the candle
- not worth the cost or trouble.
noun the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect
dignity; self-respect; self-regard.
- it was beneath his dignity to cheat
- showed his true dignity when under pressure
- Woe be to. See Worth, v. i.
Worth while, ∨ Worth the while
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!