working Idioms & Phrases
noun a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages
labour; proletariat; labor.
- there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field
- the class of people who are engaged in manual labor, or are dependent upon it for support; laborers; operatives; chiefly used in the plural.
noun a day on which work is done
workday; work day.
noun the amount of time that a worker must work for an agreed daily wage
- a drawing, as of the whole or part of a structure, machine, etc., made to a scale, and intended to be followed by the workmen. Working drawings are either general or detail drawings.
- a house where work is performed; a workhouse.
- (Mach.), that part of a machine at which the effect required; the point where the useful work is done.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters