without Idioms & Phrases
absence without leave
noun unauthorized military absence
To be without rebuke
- to live without giving cause of reproof or censure; to be blameless.
To do without
- to get along without; to dispense with.
To go without
- to be, or to remain, destitute of.
To handle without gloves
with the gloves off, to take the gloves offto treat without reserve or tenderness; to deal roughly with. Colloq.
To handle without mittens
- to treat roughly; to handle without gloves. Colloq.
To reckon without one's host
- to ignore in a calculation or arrangement the person whose assent is essential; hence, to reckon erroneously.
- recourse. See under
without a stitch
adjective satellite without any clothing at all
a translation of L., without the appointment of a day to appear or assemble again; finally; as, the Fortieth Congress then adjourned without day. sine die
no doubt; to be sure.
- to be sure, he is no Einstein
Outdoor; exterior.Obs. "Her without-door form." Shak.
World without end
- eternally; forever; everlastingly; as if in a state of existence having no end.
Throughout all ages, world without end. Eph. iii. 21.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition