- (Hort.), the operation of training fruit trees, grapevines, etc., so that the branches shall radiate from the stem like a fan.
- (Hort.), the operation of training fruit trees, grapevines, etc., so that the branches shall spread out laterally in a horizontal direction.
noun a school providing training for a special field or profession
- . See Normal school, under Normal, a.
- a day on which a military company assembles for drill or parade. U. S.
noun a ship used to train students as sailors
- a vessel on board of which boys are trained as sailors.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!