- a book for teaching reading; a reader.
noun desk or stand with a slanted top used to hold a text at the proper height for a lecturer
- a desk to support a book while reading; esp., a desk used while reading the service in a church.
- a large lens with more or less magnifying power, attached to a handle, and used in reading, etc.
- one who reads much; hence, in the English universities, a close, industrious student.
Reading of a bill
- (Legislation), its normal recital, by the proper officer, before the House which is to consider it.
noun a room set aside for reading
- a room appropriated to reading; a room provided with papers, periodicals, and the like, to which persons resort.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!