reach Idioms & Phrases
- reach of the arm; the distance the arm can reach.
- Reaching high or upward; hence, ambitious; aspiring.
Out of reach
adjective satellite inaccessibly located or situated
unreached; unreachable; unapproachable.
- an unapproachable chalet high in the mountains
- an unreachable canyon
- the unreachable stars
- beyond one's reach; inaccessible.
reach one's nostrils
verb be smelled; have a strong odor
verb move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense
- Government reaches out to the people
verb reach outward in space
poke out; extend.
- The awning extends several feet over the sidewalk
verb attempt to communicate
- I try to reach out to my daughter but she doesn't want to have anything to do with me
To reach after ∨ at
- to make efforts to attain to or obtain.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters