moot Idioms & Phrases
- a case or question to be mooted; a disputable case; an unsettled question. Dryden.
noun a mock court where law students argue hypothetical cases
- a mock court, such as is held by students of law for practicing the conduct of law cases.
- a point or question to be debated; a doubtful question.
Moot"-hall`, Moot"-house` noun
- A hall for public meetings; a hall of judgment. Obs. "The moot-hall of Herod."
- (O. Eng. Law) A hill of meeting or council; an elevated place in the open air where public assemblies or courts were held by the Saxons; -- called, in Scotland, mute-hill.
J. R. Green.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters