enough Idioms & Phrases
adjective satellite adequately good for the circumstances
- if it's good enough for you it's good enough for me
adverb without being tardy
- we made it to the party in time
adverb as supposed or expected
- sure enough, he asked her for money again
adverb definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
certainly; sure; sure as shooting; surely; for certain; for sure.
- the results are surely encouraging
- she certainly is a hard worker
- it's going to be a good day for sure
- they are coming, for certain
- they thought he had been killed sure enough
- he'll win sure as shooting
- they sure smell good
- sure he'll come
adjective satellite (used informally especially for emphasis)
honest-to-goodness; old; honest-to-god.
- a real honest-to-god live cowboy
- had us a high old time
- went upriver to look at a sure-enough fish wheel
- in season; early enough. "Stanly at Bosworth field, . . . came time enough to save his life." Bacon.
- well or good in a moderate degree; so as to give satisfaction, or so as to require no alteration.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage, 2nd Edition Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race