domain Idioms & Phrases
noun strings of letters and numbers (separated by periods) that are used to name organizations and computers and addresses on the internet
- domain names are organized hierarchically with the more generic parts to the right
domain of a function
noun (mathematics) the set of values of the independent variable for which a function is defined
noun the right of the state to take private property for public use; the Fifth Amendment that was added to the Constitution of the United States requires that just compensation be made
in the public domain
- may be used by anyone wihout restriction.
noun the content of a particular field of knowledge
knowledge base; domain.
noun property rights that are held by the public at large
- the territory belonging to a State or to the general government; public lands. U.S.
2. the situation (status) of intellectual property which is not protected by copyright, patent or other restriction on use. Anything
Right of eminent domain
- that superior dominion of the sovereign power over all the property within the state, including that previously granted by itself, which authorizes it to appropriate any part thereof to a necessary public use, reasonable compensation being made.
noun a belief that there is a realm controlled by a divine spirit
spiritual world; unseen.