noun wind moving at less than 1 knot; 0 on the Beaufort scale
verb become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation
cool off; calm; simmer down; cool it; chill out; settle down.
- After the fight both men need to cool off.
- It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again.
verb make calm or still
still; tranquilize; tranquillize; quiet; calm; tranquillise; quieten; lull.
- quiet the dragons of worry and fear
verb become quiet or less intensive
- the fighting lulled for a moment
To fall calm
- to cease to blow; to become calm.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!