advice and consent
noun a legal expression in the United States Constitution that allows the Senate to constrain the President's powers of appointment and treaty-making
- a vessel employed to carry dispatches or to reconnoiter; a dispatch boat.
To take advice
- . (a) To accept advice. (b) To consult with another or others.
word of advice
noun cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness)
monition; warning; admonition.
- a letter of admonition about the dangers of immorality
- the warning was to beware of surprises
- his final word of advice was not to play with matches
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!