noun a young person (especially a young man or boy)
young person; spring chicken; younker.
noun young people collectively
- rock music appeals to the young
- youth everywhere rises in revolt
noun the time of life between childhood and maturity
noun early maturity; the state of being young or immature or inexperienced
noun an early period of development
- during the youth of the project
noun the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
, AS. geoguth
; akin to OS. jugth
, D. jeugd
, OHG. jugund
, G. jugend
, Goth. junda
. See Young
plural Youths or collectively Youth
- The quality or state of being young; youthfulness; juvenility. "In my flower of youth."
Such as in his face
Youth smiled celestial.
- The part of life that succeeds to childhood; the period of existence preceding maturity or age; the whole early part of life, from childhood, or, sometimes, from infancy, to manhood.
He wondered that your lordship
Would suffer him to spend his youth at home.
Those who pass their youth in vice are justly condemned to spend their age in folly.
- A young person; especially, a young man.
Seven youths from Athens yearly sent.
- Young persons, collectively.
It is fit to read the best authors to youth first.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!