noun the state of being an adult woman
noun women as a class
woman; fair sex.
- it's an insult to American womanhood
- woman is the glory of creation
- the fair sex gathered on the veranda
noun the status of a woman
- The state of being a woman; the distinguishing character or qualities of a woman, or of womankind.
Unspotted faith, and comely womanhood.
Perhaps the smile and the tender tone
Came out of her pitying womanhood.
- Women, collectively; womankind.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!