adjective satellite of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity
- assorted sizes
- his disguises are many and various
- various experiments have failed to disprove the theory
- cited various reasons for his behavior
adjective satellite considered individually
- the respective club members
- specialists in their several fields
- the various reports all agreed
adjective satellite distinctly dissimilar or unlike
- celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan
- animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth
adjective satellite having great diversity or variety
- his various achievements are impressive
- his vast and versatile erudition
. Cf. Vair
- Different; diverse; several; manifold; as, men of various names; various occupations; various colors.
So many and so various laws are given.
A wit as various, gay, grave, sage, or wild.
- Changeable; uncertain; inconstant; variable.
A man so various, that he seemed to be
Not one, but all mankind's epitome.
The names of mixed modes . . . are very various.
- Variegated; diversified; not monotonous.
A happy rural seat of various view.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!