urging Meaning, Definition & Usage
noun a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
goading; goad; spurring; prodding; prod; spur.
- the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves
noun the act of earnestly supporting or encouraging
noun insistent solicitation and entreaty
- his importunity left me no alternative but to agree
verb force or impel in an indicated direction
press; urge; urge on; exhort.
- I urged him to finish his studies
verb push for something
urge; advocate; recommend.
- The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day
verb spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
urge; inspire; exhort; barrack; cheer; urge on; root on; pep up.
- The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters