verb straighten up or out; make straight
verb unfasten, as a sail, from a spar or a stay
verb free from flexure
verb make less taut
- relax the tension on the rope
verb become less tense, rest, or take one's ease
unwind; unbend; relax; decompress; slow down; loosen up.
- He relaxed in the hot tub
- Let's all relax after a hard day's work
verb release from mental strain, tension, or formality
- unbend the mind from absorbing too much information
adjective satellite not bent
- looking for an unbent nail
- trees with straight unbent trunks make the best lumber
adjective satellite erect in posture
- sit straight
- stood defiantly with unbowed back
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!