adjective satellite having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson
treble; two-fold; double; three-fold; threefold; dual.
- a double (or dual) role for an actor
- the office of a clergyman is twofold
- every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
adjective satellite twice as great or many
double; two-fold; doubled.
- ate a double portion
- the dose is doubled
- a twofold increase
adverb by a factor of two
- the price increased twofold last year
- Double; duplicate; multiplied by two; as, a twofold nature; a twofold sense; a twofold argument.
- In a double degree; doubly.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
"Rowling never met an adverb she didn't like."
-Stephen King on J.K Rowling's excessive use of adverbs.
Fear not the Adverb Hell!